Fox pepper spray and leather case

This is a discussion on Fox pepper spray and leather case within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been in need of some pepper spray for a few reasons. 1. Another tool to compliment my available options. 2. My company policy ...

Thread: Fox pepper spray and leather case

I have been in need of some pepper spray for a few reasons.

1. Another tool to compliment my available options.
    2. My company policy recently changed so I now have to leave my firearm in my car. I can no longer carry in the building. (The policy changed after a company merger).
    3. I live in Colorado with a Colorado issued CCW and am planning on traveling soon. I plan on driving to Nevada, California and Washington state. Of course, none of these states honor my Colorado CCW.

These items have lead me to look at additional options. Thanks to feedback on this site, I see Fox pepper spray is a very good option, especially the cone-pattern version. I was also looking for a little dressier leather case for the pepper spray. These are the options I am getting:

Fox pepper spray, 2 oz., flip top, cone pattern, $14.49: Fox Pepper Spray

Leather case for 2 oz. pepper spray, $12.95: Leather Pepper Spray Holster - Boston Leather 2 oz

Thanks again for the info here so I could make an educated decision.
    Glock G19 - Generation 2 (our first)
    Glock G26 - Generation 3
    Glock G21 - Generation 3 (Bought 8/2010)
    Taurus PT709 Slim - mostly used as a bug (Sold 8/2010, did not like the quality after owning it for a few months)

Items finally arrived yesterday and I am sporting the case and canister as I type. I'm sure they were delayed due to the holidays.

The canister is slightly larger in diameter than I expected, but the case holds the unit nicely. The canister is a little loose in the leather case, which I assume is by design so you can quickly get the canister out. With the case flap over the top of the canister, you don't have to worry about the canister falling out.

Anyway, thanks again for the info on this site. It once again led me to some quality products.
    Glock G26 - Generation 3
    Taurus PT709 Slim - mostly used as a bug (Sold 8/2010, did not like the quality after owning it for a few months)

Sounds like you kindof answered your own question there. I myself got the 2oz. Fox labs 5.3 mounted high up beside the bedroom door. I also got a keychain version for my GF and one for me to keep in the car. Fox seems to be about the best stuff out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Wow, you can get away with open carrying OC spray at your workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Wow, you can get away with open carrying OC spray at your workplace?
    No, I am still wearing a cover shirt.
    Glock G26 - Generation 3

I was told on another forum, by a lawyer, that if you carry an firearm, you could be "crucified" in a court of law by having pepper spray on you, if you needed to use your gun. I am trying to clarify this, as I carry it as well.

I would rather stop a threat with non lethal methods instead of bringing out the hardware first. I know in certain circumstances, theres no choice, but there is also no need to use deadly force if you don't have to, and you could stop the threat with OC instead of a bullet.

I guess everyone has their own opinion on this and what to carry and what not to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear1098 View Post
    I was told on another forum, by a lawyer, that if you carry an firearm, you could be "crucified" in a court of law by having pepper spray on you, if you needed to use your gun. I am trying to clarify this, as I carry it as well.

I would rather stop a threat with non lethal methods instead of bringing out the hardware first. I know in certain circumstances, theres no choice, but there is also no need to use deadly force if you don't have to, and you could stop the threat with OC instead of a bullet.

I guess everyone has their own opinion on this and what to carry and what not to carry.
    I totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Links