It's here! My new EDC.

This is a discussion on It's here! My new EDC. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to thank everybody again for helping me choose my new EDC. It arrived a day after Christmas but considering I ordered it on ...

Thread: It's here! My new EDC.

It's here! My new EDC.

I want to thank everybody again for helping me choose my new EDC. It arrived a day after Christmas but considering I ordered it on Dec. 22nd after hours. Delivery time wasn't too bad.

So here it is my new Kershaw Leek with G10 handle.

Love the g10 handle and the s20v steel. It was definately worth the premium for the knife. The grip is super grippy, no slip on this thing. The blade is very sharp, cut myself already. The assisted open is the best part, I've opened and closed the thing a hundred times already. Only complaint I have is the jimping. The jimping on the top of the knife is kind of smooth but I believe the grippy handles would compensate for that. This is a great little knife and it was exactly what I was looking for. Merry Christmas to me.

2. Remove Ads

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back? My CKT and Stainless might need another sibling.

Nice!!! Kershaw makes great knives, and hard to beat for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Dang that one is nice.. I will be looking for this one! Looks like the perfect leek for me, and to match the skyline..

EDIT: Please post model number too..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Quote Originally Posted by Teufle View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back? My CKT and Stainless might need another sibling.
    Got it here: Manventureoutpost.com.

Cost about $71 after shipping and handling. And this is the model# 1660G10.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    nice when you say assisted open do you mean you move the blade a little and it flips open with a spring or other such device?

I have a CRKT M21, its not assisted opening but on the back is an oversize nub that flips it open without the wrist flick.
    Last edited by razor02097; December 28th, 2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: corrected model#

looks very nice! I've been on a Benchmade run lately might have to switch back to the Kershaw's for a while and try to find this somewhere.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Nice! I love my Kershaws.

Nice pig sticker..............
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Nice Kershaw, with practice you'll be able to easily open and close with one hand...have some bandaids available for the closing part.
    I have two Kershaws and really like them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice choice love my Kershaws!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    nice when you say assisted open do you mean you move the blade a little and it flips open with a spring or other such device?
    Yeah that's pretty much what it does.

I was laying on my couch playing with it and watching TV. Practicing opening and closing with my left hand and I dropped it into my forearm. Made a nice little hole. Damn thing is sharp.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I love mine but I have had it open in my pocket and while carrying it IWB hooked to my pants. Not fun when it happened! They come with a nifty lock and I use that now since I don't plan on using this in a defensive situation. I carry a fixed blade for that.

I'll have to say, I think that's the best looking version of this knife I've ever seen!

Enjoy!
    Gideon

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I love mine but I have had it open in my pocket and while carrying it IWB hooked to my pants. Not fun when it happened! They come with a nifty lock and I use that now since I don't plan on using this in a defensive situation. I carry a fixed blade for that.

I'll have to say, I think that's the best looking version of this knife I've ever seen!

Enjoy!
    Gideon
    Its kinda of why I like my CRKT. With a flick of the pointer finger the blade opens all the way. with a push the blade lock is positively engaged making it almost impossible to accidentally close the blade. They also have what they call auto-locks which engages the blade lock's lock automatically to make it a virtual fixed blade but I don't like the fact of holding the lever while disengaging the lock to close the knife.

It would be a feature I would use if I'm field dressing a deer or other such heavy duty task.

Links