Last use of my Gerber

Last use of my Gerber

This is a discussion on Last use of my Gerber within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a Kershaw Zing that I really liked, but it grew legs, apparently. It was the only blade I had, so I shopped hurriedly, ...

Last use of my Gerber

I had a Kershaw Zing that I really liked, but it grew legs, apparently. It was the only blade I had, so I shopped hurriedly, and ended up buying a Gerber Paraframe. It came in a package with a mini-scissor/bottle opener tool for 25 bucks, and I figured it would probably do.

Wrong. For one thing, I couldn't open the thing with one hand. As if that weren't bad enough, I also couldn't clip it in my pocket with one hand. The clip wasn't moveable, and there is a spur of the skeletonized frame right behind the clip that catches when you try to slide it in a pocket. Terrible design. And about that skeletonized frame, it has an opening big enough for a person to cut themselves badly with the blade closed. Terrible knife.

Today, I used it for the last time, to open the package containing my new Spyderco Delica 4 I bought with an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. I'm happy now.

That is all.
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

In fairness, I should say that I'm enjoying the little Gerber scissor tool thingy, so it wasn't a total loss, but the Delica is head and shoulders above that silly Paraframe.

Anyone know who has the best prices on band-aids?
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

Bought the same package, the scissor thing is nice, the knife not so much.

My Gerber Gator fixed blade is an excellent knife.

Gave my son The Delica for Christmas...
    He was over last night and It warmed my heart watching him flip that baby open over and over with the thumb hole
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Nice choice on the Delica. Next Father's Day, maybe.

On the band-aids, try Discount Safety Gear. It sells by the box (20 or 50 band-aids), and it's still a very good bargain. Here's the link: First Aid Kits Scroll down the left hand list and click on "Individual First Aid Items". They have a nice selection.

Hope that helps. Happy New Year to ya!
    "I believe that's my stapler."

NRA Member for Life
    "I can not, for all the Stars in Heaven, find one instance or occasion or a living example of a woman who gave birth to anything but another human being, regardless of the period of time that baby was in the womb".

I played with one at Cabela's one afternoon and reached the same conclusion you did.

I bought a Kershaw Blur. I almost bought a Shallot, but I like the textured handle on the Blur better, although I really liked the shape of the Shallot's blade. (geez, what a convoluted sentence)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links