New Pigsticker!

New Pigsticker!

This is a discussion on New Pigsticker! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the post office where I picked up my newest "behavior modification tool." It's called the Shadowdancer and was made by ...

Thread: New Pigsticker!

New Pigsticker!

I just got back from the post office where I picked up my newest "behavior modification tool." It's called the Shadowdancer and was made by Mark Goldsworthy, a member over at WarriorTalk. The knife is made from 1/8" tool steel and finished with matte black DuraCoat. The blade is just a tad longer than 2-1/2" and the OAL is 6-1/4". The handle scales are G-10 and are removable (though I don't know why I'd take them off). As you will see from the design, the knife is made to use in the "reverse-edge" (Pikal) method. With this in mind it came with a cross-draw Kydex sheath that is very nicely done.

Here's a few pics.
    Left to right: Knife with sheath; Forward grip, edge-up; Reverse grip, edge-in; Knife in my hand and then next to an Endura for size comparison; Crossdraw sheath on belt; Drawstroke
    Attached Images
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

nice. how much was it ?

Looks pretty cool to me course i dont know a lot about knifes

Quote Originally Posted by kansas_shooter
    nice. how much was it ?
    $85, although depending on handle materials, sheath configuation, etc. the price is subject to change.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Assistant Administrator
    For a special knife that price sounds very fair Matt.

It appears to be a most compact and wieldy knife with both slash and stab potential.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

nice knife !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Very Cool!

thanks, I've been playing with it quite a bit since I got it. I really like the way it handles. Very quick deployment and it's "fast" in the hand.

Matt K.

Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):
    No, I'm probably going to add a little 3-M step-tape for better purchase. (I swear, I could keep 3-M in business by myself as much of that tape I have stuck to everything )

Matt K.

Sponsor
    Nice looking blade sir.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    That looks like a very nice piece, and at a good price, too.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Nice knife, the sheath looks huge in the pics.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links