New Pigsticker!

This is a discussion on New Pigsticker! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the post office where I picked up my newest "behavior modification tool." It's called the Shadowdancer and was made by ...

Thread: New Pigsticker!

New Pigsticker!

I just got back from the post office where I picked up my newest "behavior modification tool." It's called the Shadowdancer and was made by Mark Goldsworthy, a member over at WarriorTalk. The knife is made from 1/8" tool steel and finished with matte black DuraCoat. The blade is just a tad longer than 2-1/2" and the OAL is 6-1/4". The handle scales are G-10 and are removable (though I don't know why I'd take them off). As you will see from the design, the knife is made to use in the "reverse-edge" (Pikal) method. With this in mind it came with a cross-draw Kydex sheath that is very nicely done.

Here's a few pics.
    Left to right: Knife with sheath; Forward grip, edge-up; Reverse grip, edge-in; Knife in my hand and then next to an Endura for size comparison; Crossdraw sheath on belt; Drawstroke
    Attached Images
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

nice. how much was it ?

Looks pretty cool to me course i dont know a lot about knifes

Quote Originally Posted by kansas_shooter
    nice. how much was it ?
    $85, although depending on handle materials, sheath configuation, etc. the price is subject to change.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member (Retired Staff) Array P95Carry's Avatar
    For a special knife that price sounds very fair Matt.

It appears to be a most compact and wieldy knife with both slash and stab potential.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

nice knife !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Very Cool!

thanks, I've been playing with it quite a bit since I got it. I really like the way it handles. Very quick deployment and it's "fast" in the hand.

Matt K.

Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Does it have jimping for your thumb? I added some 50 LPI to my Disciple, to keep me from breaking out in hives, on the horizontal draw....

Okay, I looked at his site & know who he is now. I was sorry I missed out on the daggers he had up on USN..... ):
    No, I'm probably going to add a little 3-M step-tape for better purchase. (I swear, I could keep 3-M in business by myself as much of that tape I have stuck to everything )

Matt K.

Sponsor
    Nice looking blade sir.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    That looks like a very nice piece, and at a good price, too.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Nice knife, the sheath looks huge in the pics.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links