The best groomsmen gifts

This is a discussion on The best groomsmen gifts within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure people have gotten some pretty cool groomsmen gifts at a wedding before. I'm one of 9 groomsmen for my friend's wedding tomorrow and ...

Thread: The best groomsmen gifts

The best groomsmen gifts

I'm sure people have gotten some pretty cool groomsmen gifts at a wedding before. I'm one of 9 groomsmen for my friend's wedding tomorrow and at the rehearsal brunch today he gave all us groomsmen our gift. We all received a tactical pouch that housed a Gerber 06 Tanto automatic knife and a Surefire 6P LED Defender. I wasn't expecting anything and would have been totally happy with the traditional money-clip or flask... but how cool of a groomsmen gift was this little tactical package??? AWESOME!!!

2. Remove Ads

Wow! He must like you guys, because he spent some bucks......definitely a cool gift package.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He is the best! Unfortunately... I imagine the Gerber is 100% illegal in CO due to both blade length AND because it is auto. =(

I'm not 100% sure on the law there (in CO)... but autos can not only NOT be carried... they can't technically even be owned even in the house can they?

Pretty sweet, great gift idea.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    "9 groomsmen "????....BIG wedding! Me & the wife eloped to Vegas....we spent the money on ourselves instead of a big wedding....(sorry to be a little off topic)
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Sounds like a good friend. Yeah, I wish I had the money when I got married to spend on the boys, but for my wedding I found some imitation samurai swords. They were pretty cheap, but real steel. We had a lot of fun in the parking lot that night, and I'm pretty sure my mom was freaking out that one of us was going to lose a finger or something.
    Walk softly ...

At my brother's wedding, he gave all the groomsmen a heavy shot glass with pewter on the front with our names inscribed in them. We also all got a shot bottle of Southern Comfort and all toasted at the rehearsal dinner. It was very cool and i use the shot glass every weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Shot glasses & samurai swords... both awesome gifts.

At a birthday party for a friend of ours... they went and got about 40 or 50 miniature bottles of liquor and stuffed them inside a pinata and had a couple of people take whacks at it with a samurai sword. Uh... not the brightest idea... but sure beat the hell out of candy. hehe

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I opened this thread thinking you were looking for suggestions... at the front of my mind was "a nice knife or flashlight." Imagine my surprise when you received BOTH!

Your friend really did it right.

I am in this very situation myself, a groom looking for the right gift. The last wedding I was in I got a fifth of Knob Creek Bourbon...MMMM. I am leaning towards a nice light or knife for my guys as well. Instead of a couple things, I will probably just go a little more on the one thing. Leaning towards a knife right now but it may change, to a nice light.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Mic
    you didn't see the hidden message, you all will need that stuff to rescue him in about a year
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

A really neat picture .... on the back was pasted 8 business cards of divorce attorneys.... his wife would never know, but he always had them handy , right there on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    I'm sure people have gotten some pretty cool groomsmen gifts at a wedding before. I'm one of 9 groomsmen for my friend's wedding tomorrow and at the rehearsal brunch today he gave all us groomsmen our gift. We all received a tactical pouch that housed a Gerber 06 Tanto automatic knife and a Surefire 6P LED Defender. I wasn't expecting anything and would have been totally happy with the traditional money-clip or flask... but how cool of a groomsmen gift was this little tactical package??? AWESOME!!!
    That is cool!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I opened this thread thinking you were looking for suggestions... at the front of my mind was "a nice knife or flashlight." Imagine my surprise when you received BOTH!

Your friend really did it right.
    ^YEP^^^^^^^ME TOO^^^^^^^

What lucky bums, I'm jelous Good for you guys!!!!!

Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Hey! Where are ya going?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links