ZT0300 from ebay report

This is a discussion on ZT0300 from ebay report within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I said I'd return and return I have. I didn't want to clutter up the OP's original thread so I started a new one. ...

Thread: ZT0300 from ebay report

ZT0300 from ebay report

Well, I said I'd return and return I have. I didn't want to clutter up the OP's original thread so I started a new one.

The history for those that haven't read the "folding steak knife thread"...
    I found a ZT 0300 listed on ebay for $160(as opposed to the normally $235 retail price just about everywhere)...

I was holding out for it to arrive before I posted a link to where I found it as I didn't want to chance anyone here ordering one and finding out it was some kind of scam or something. Apparently we're good so here's the link:
    Kershaw ZT 0300 ZT0300 Knife Zero Tolerance Blem New ! - eBay (item 130360248364 end time Jan-28-10 23:21:35 PST)
    The seller also goes by kershawguy over on the bladeforums.com site.
    Mods please feel free to remove or shoot me a message and I'll do it myself if posting the ebay link here is a no-no...

I must say I don't even know what the blemish is on this thing. The only thing I can figure is that one scale is slightly lighter colored than the other(one is not quite OD green, but almost and the other is black). There are no scratches, nicks, dings, or anything else that I can find on it.

Here's a few photos of the new ZT0300 next to my old Kershaw Blur for comparison:

"My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Also to note, it is a BEAST. It's much larger than my kershaw blur(in case you couldn't tell from the pics), and it's considerably heavier.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Is it tip down carry only or can you swap it to tip up?

I've bought a couple knives form kershawguy, and I've never been disappointed. The man comes through with merchandise as described, and at a price you will NEVER beat. He gets both NIB and the blems right from the Kershaw factory, so no middleman to pay. I highly recommend him.
    "I believe that's my stapler."

NRA Member for Life
    "I can not, for all the Stars in Heaven, find one instance or occasion or a living example of a woman who gave birth to anything but another human being, regardless of the period of time that baby was in the womb".

tokerblue,

you can have the tip on any of the 4 points for the 0300 series. Recommend you get a $3 tool called a Torx to help with removing and re-installing the clip.
    "I believe that's my stapler."

NRA Member for Life
    "I can not, for all the Stars in Heaven, find one instance or occasion or a living example of a woman who gave birth to anything but another human being, regardless of the period of time that baby was in the womb".

Quote Originally Posted by golfnguns View Post
    tokerblue,

you can have the tip on any of the 4 points for the 0300 series. Recommend you get a $3 tool called a Torx to help with removing and re-installing the clip.
    - Thanks. If my Emerson CQC-10 doesn't come in soon, this may be what I go with instead. I already have a Torx set for my Benchmades and a few other things. :)

Quote Originally Posted by golfnguns View Post
    tokerblue,

^What he said...It's reversable tip up/down and also front to back(I suppose that's for lefties or something)

-The Mist (2007)

I have a zt 0350 great knife
    Ruger 3" SP-101 .357 mag
    Springfield XD subcompact .40 cal
    S&W 642 .38 spl
    S&W sigma .40 compact
    colt .38 spl detective special

You all might want to know if you buy a Blem it will be marked with three or four XXXX s. They are still good knives, but there is no warranty on Kershaw Blems. Kershaw Guy is a good seller and is clear on his Blem sales.

I really like ZT's but they are a bit hefty for EDC given the office attire I wear on a day to day basis. I ended up passing on the ZT-200 I had to a friend that was being deployed. He'll get a lot more use out of it then I would.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

And I thought my Blur was big ...
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Awsome looking knife, very solid!

Big does not bother me I carry A spyderco Chinook 3, its big..
    I love the look of that knife and it seems like a great buy!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny256 View Post
    Awsome looking knife, very solid!

Big does not bother me I carry A spyderco Chinook 3, its big..
    I love the look of that knife and it seems like a great buy!
    It's not just big though. It's also heavy. So keep that in mind if you wear lightweight pants it's going to weigh them down.

-The Mist (2007)

Links