My Carry Knives, w/pics

This is a discussion on My Carry Knives, w/pics within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Spyderco S.P.O.T. and a Matriarch. Maatriarch came in handy once, used it to disembowel a pitbull who thought I was an snack ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Carry Knives, w/pics

I carry a Spyderco S.P.O.T. and a Matriarch.

Maatriarch came in handy once, used it to disembowel a pitbull who thought I was an snack one night.
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

2. Remove Ads

On-duty - Emerson Commander and Strider Hide-away knife
    Off-duty - custom Allen Elishewitz parrot-beak folder or Elishewitz Omega 5
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Newt livesay used to make a great neck knife called "The Woo", if you can find one on EBAY they can't be beat. Mt.Sequoyah Knives is making a great copy for a give-away price 35.00 or so. Go to the web site. Darr13

Lew
    I bought on impulse in Springfield, Mo at the Bass Pro Shop.

While the big one is just that big, it is really to big for any thing but the woods.

But it did come with a classic styled lock back. It is pretty sharp and I have found myself carrying it more and more....

There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

My Pocket

Here's what's in my pocket 98% of the time:

A Kel Tec P3AT and Kershaw Tactical Blur. The knife is very sturdy and FAST with the assisted opening. I prefer this blade to some other assisted openers that have a lock of some sort. The Blur has nothing to interfere with a quick and sure draw. I also changed the clip so that the knife sits with the blade up when folded in my pocket. This seems to work very well for me.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Welcome

Nice knifes.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGunGuy View Post
    I've also been into top-quality knives since I was about 12 years old, working a paper route so that I could buy not baseball cards, but a Spyderco Endura :) So here are the knives that I prefer to carry...
    You make me feel OOOOLLLLLDDDDD!!!!! My paper route money went to buy a Buck folding Hunter. Spyderco didn't exist, all we had was Buck, Schrade, Old Timer, Kabar....etc.....

Here are the ones I just took out of my pockets:
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Sponsor
    Besides carrying an SAK hiker in the pants pocket for daily chores, this one resides on my belt 24/7.

It's a custom Rob Patton with a 5 inch cutting surface and 5.5 with the choil. Used daily pretty much, made of L6 tool steel with Ironwood Burl handle, fileworked spine.

Here's Robs website:

http://www.pattonknives.com/

Brownie
    Attached Images
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Along with a Leatherman Wave or Crunch, I always have one of these three clipped to my pocket. Actually I recently stopped carrying the Syderco because I got tired of the blade chipping. I had two Native do this, and I can't figure out why. I hadn't done anything unusual to it, but I started to notice small chips on the blade. I never sharpened it or anything. On the other hand, I've become a real fan of the Benchmades. All three were pretty cheap, but seem reasonably well made. The Spyderco is a $30 Wal-Mart special. The two Benchmades were a little more. I can't remember exactly, but the D2 Benchmade cost about $50-60 at Cabela's.
    Attached Images
    \"What you\'ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response where you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.\" My adoring wife, at least once a day.

I'm back into knives again somewhat after a temporary loss of interest. My primary carry knives are an X2 Voyager from cold steel, a Camillus Heat, a black blade spyderco military, and soon, I want to get one of the green body Spyderco Enduras.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Sponsor
    Hey Lawrence,

You still stay in touch with Sastre at all?

He came down to Knoxville for our Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems unsighted fire weekend last April for the weekend and did some bangin with his 45auto. Had not hooked up with him since the Riddle in Idaho a few years ago with Jimmy Keating.

I don't carry defensive folders anymore, but still train people in their deployment and use. I'm out here in the free state of Az and carry that straight blade or a big bowie everyday.

Hope all is well in your world

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

nice knives
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Hey Lawrence,

You still stay in touch with Sastre at all?

He came down to Knoxville for our Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems unsighted fire weekend last April for the weekend and did some bangin with his 45auto. Had not hooked up with him since the Riddle in Idaho a few years ago with Jimmy Keating.

I don't carry defensive folders anymore, but still train people in their deployment and use. I'm out here in the free state of Az and carry that straight blade or a big bowie everyday.

Hope all is well in your world

Brownie

Brownie

Nope, havent talked with him in two years. Well..I did trade a couple of emails with him around the first of the year. I need to call the guy.

I got a back injury early last year, and carrying a big blade is no longer an option for me. So I am experimenting with a Glock 26 and folder back up.

I need to call him to make me a neck rig for a Spyderco Military for long road trips and midnight pit stops at rest stops.

As a matter of fact, I havent even SEEN him posting anywhere for a long time.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

I also like the Spiderco Military. The only reason I do not carry it is it draws a bit too much attention at work when I use it to open boxes and such. Sad to say sheeple abound around here. So now my daily carry is either a zebra etched small Sebenza or a Benchmade 942, black handle, reverse tanto/mod sheepfoot blade. The Sebenza is fancy and gets by on the pretty factor and the Osborn 942 looks utilitarian with its blade style.

I use other occasionally for a change but I always go back to these after a short while.
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Love my Kershaw! I carry a black widow and my wife carries a scallion. I really like the value - solid knife for a very reasonable price.

I also have to say that I own a CRKT and would buy another any day. Especially for a worker - very inexpensive, yet durable. I guess I just feel better about having a brand name, even if it is very entry level. I don't think I could bring myself to throw even $10 at a "sharpola special tactical folder" at the counter of the convenience store. But that's just me...

Dave.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links