Bker Kalashnikov Automatic

This is a discussion on Bker Kalashnikov Automatic within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who did your auto mod on this knife? They don't come from the factory like that....do they? I'm a boker dealer and they told me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bker Kalashnikov Automatic

Who did your auto mod on this knife? They don't come from the factory like that....do they? I'm a boker dealer and they told me directly from the warranty department that they do not ship them with any auto or assisted opens. Not calling you a liar, I have seen these before, just curious so I can direct my customers should they ask. Thanks

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAbtSlfDef View Post
    Who did your auto mod on this knife? They don't come from the factory like that....do they? I'm a boker dealer and they told me directly from the warranty department that they do not ship them with any auto or assisted opens. Not calling you a liar, I have seen these before, just curious so I can direct my customers should they ask. Thanks
    I got mine from the store at one of the FLETC facilities. It's an auto. I have seen the same knives elsewhere.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I would refer you and your superiors(?) to the international Navigation Rules ----- the over-ruling rule is that you should break the rule in a situation that it is necessary to avoid a collision. [in your case - to possibly save a life; much as is the reasoning in the navigation rules].

DrCSea--America's Boating Course instructor- the public boating safety course
    given by member squadrons of the USPS (United States Power Squadrons)

In the vein of just sharing my thoughts I got my first auto from my son-in-law as a birthday present about 12 years ago. It was a large Benchmade and I stuck it in my pocket and used it as my EDC knife - I am a farmer. For the last 12 years I have literally abused that knife. As a farmer I have used it for a variety of dirty, grimy, tough tasks on the farm.

The knife (though it now looks like heck) has never missed a beat. Based on this sample of one I sure can recommend my Benchmade auto as a great performer.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Bitten View Post
    I just want to know how you got the umlauts over the o in the thread title?
    D yu mean like this? r this? nd yu cn lwys d this. nd ls this
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

A ā Ę ė ē į ī œ ‘ ’ ₩ € • ‰

I do love the look of the case it comes in. I prefer a gravity knife myself, but autos definitely have a place in my heart.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I bought one a couple of years ago, just for the hell of it. One day my GF was playing with it (just opening and closing it while we were watching TV). All of a sudden, I hear the knife open, then I hear something hit the wall. The spring had popped out (don't have any idea how that happened).
    Wouldn't trust it as a carry knife.

In general, autos are fun to play with but there are better options for actual use.
    Are there? Please tell mine before it gets any grandiose ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Never heard of this one before. Looks good. I like the box as well. Let us know how it holds up.
    Will do. I recently posted about this knife and then got curious about whether or not I had posted about it in the past...and sure enough, here it is.

You can see it's new condition on the first page and in the second picture. Here's what it looks like now.

It's been through hell and back on a variety of occasions. I've carried it every single day since my original post, and used it most of those days. I've used it to eat, to work, for life's daily necessities...even once used it to help save a life. It's been submerged for extended periods in freshwater and saltwater. It's been exposed to temperatures below 0 degrees Fahrenheit and over 110 degrees. It's a winner in my book.

Here's the new picture that was posted on the first page:

Lock up and function is genuinely as solid and tight as the day I bought it. Just as snappy too. The finish is worn quite a bit from daily use obviously, but that matters very little in a daily carry knife.

I don't have a clue where the box is anymore but the knife has never left my side. I would highly recommend this knife to anyone looking for a good automatic carry.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Nice update! Thank you!
    380ACP likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links