Any Randall users/collecters out there?

This is a discussion on Any Randall users/collecters out there? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New member here. Besides my interest in handguns and CCW, I am into knives. Thought it was neat there was a knife topic here. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Randall users/collecters out there?

Any Randall users/collecters out there?

New member here. Besides my interest in handguns and CCW, I am into knives. Thought it was neat there was a knife topic here. I have a bunch of knives, from Case,CRKT, Benchmade, SOG. And some customs from the likes of Graham Knives (a Razel that is my current EDC), Craig Steketee (great Damascus), Etc. But, my favorite is Randall Made. The quality is amazing, as is the selection of options. An amazing amount of blade designs offered from such a small outfit. Just thought I would see who is fortunate enough to have heard of / own one of these knives.

Regards,
    Josh

2. Remove Ads

I don't own any but have a friend who's dad is a small time collector of Randall knives. My friend recieved a Randall Made bowie type knife with a stag handle for his 21st birthday, it's a good looking knife and is worth a decent sum of money for a knife

Administrator
    Randall. Great knives and amazingly collectible these days.

BTW - One of my favorite knives ever was an older CaseXX stacked leather handled knife.
    It really took and held a razor edge.

Now...I'm hooked on Busse Combat knives.

On many Randall models be prepared to wait awhile in getting it.

I tried to replace a sheath for my trusty Randall. Randall would not even talk about replacing the sheath unless I sent my Randall to them. I am not about to send my Randall in to them merely to get a sheath. With photos and measurements, I will merely go elsewhere to have a custom sheath made.

Randall makes great knives. However, unless you are wanting one merely for collector purposes, in my opinion the price is not justified when considering other name brand knives that can be purchased.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

My Randall's

I have a Model 23, 19 and both types of he Randall Knife Collectors first club knife.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles
    GOA Life Member

I like the Randall handguns myself. But they are few and far between these days.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1923mack View Post
    I like the Randall handguns myself. But they are few and far between these days.
    Totally different animals! Randall Made Knives, of Orlando, FL, is not in the handgun business.

I do have a couple of 1-7 Randalls, one carbon steel with a leather handle, and the other stainless/micarta, which were collectible until my wife "organized" things. My Randalls are now firmly in the "user" category, when my life returns to being ble to go camping and such again. (Amazingly, my marriage survived.)

I also have a Randall Cattleman, which was a user from when I bought it.

I have not used my Randalls hard, because when I got to the point of being able to afford Randalls, I had stopped having time to get outdoors much. Oh, for retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart6 View Post
    New member here. Besides my interest in handguns and CCW, I am into knives. Thought it was neat there was a knife topic here. I have a bunch of knives, from Case,CRKT, Benchmade, SOG. And some customs from the likes of Graham Knives (a Razel that is my current EDC), Craig Steketee (great Damascus), Etc. But, my favorite is Randall Made. The quality is amazing, as is the selection of options. An amazing amount of blade designs offered from such a small outfit. Just thought I would see who is fortunate enough to have heard of / own one of these knives.

Regards,
    Josh
    no, no, no. see, you're supposed to post pics in these things.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    On many Randall models be prepared to wait awhile in getting it.

I tried to replace a sheath for my trusty Randall. Randall would not even talk about replacing the sheath unless I sent my Randall to them. I am not about to send my Randall in to them merely to get a sheath. With photos and measurements, I will merely go elsewhere to have a custom sheath made.
    You would be completely safe in sending your Randall to the shop for a new sheath. If you should ever want to sell your Randall, it will bring more money if it is in a Randall sheath. I have used Randalls since the 60's when I got my first one to carry to Vietnam. The Randall family is as honest as can be and will treat you right. I have met several members of the Randall family and they are great folks. They require the knife for proper fitting and to control the Randall Sheaths which are made for Randall by Greg Gutcher.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    Totally different animals! Randall Made Knives, of Orlando, FL, is not in the handgun business.

I do have a couple of 1-7 Randalls, one carbon steel with a leather handle, and the other stainless/micarta, which were collectible until my wife "organized" things. My Randalls are now firmly in the "user" category, when my life returns to being ble to go camping and such again. (Amazingly, my marriage survived.)

I also have a Randall Cattleman, which was a user from when I bought it.

I have not used my Randalls hard, because when I got to the point of being able to afford Randalls, I had stopped having time to get outdoors much. Oh, for retirement!
    Tell us, what did your wife do to your Randalls? I can tell you were not too happy with her "organization". LOL
    NRA life member.

I have a Mod. 8 Bird and trout S/S, a Mod. 14 S/S,a Mod.3 S/S, and a Mod.16 Special Fighter also in S/S. I like stainless steel

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    Tell us, what did your wife do to your Randalls? I can tell you were not too happy with her "organization". LOL
    The one in the gun safe was moved around a bit, so it has minor handling marks. Very minor, really. Both sheaths were put away in a drawer, jumbled together with other holsters and sheaths, so "as new" cannot be applied to them. Original sheaths are quite important to collectors!

To be clear, I didn't buy these Randalls as investments, but until the time I got around to using them, I planned to keep them as minty as possible. (Perhaps I might need to liquidate some stuff someday.) It is frustrating, however, to have a family who sees no difference between a Randall and a user kitchen blade or a yard tool, and treats them accordingly.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I just inherited a collection of Randall Made Knives.
    1-Model 24 "Guardian" 4" stainless blade, maroon Micarta handle, concealment sheath
    1-Model 14 "Attack" 71/2" blade, black Micarta handle, sheath w/stone
    1-#2-4" "Stiletto" w/ leather handle, sheath
    1-Original Bowie Knife 10" blade, stag handle,sheath w/ stone is stamped with Randall Made logo.(not sure if the knife is a Randall Made)
    I'd like to get some idea of the value of them. They look like new but I'm sure they are at least 10 years old.

Wow, some of you do have RMK's. I hadn't checked in here lately, but glad to
    see some action. I promise to get pics up as soon as my computer comes back from getting it's VD removed (I'm worki g off an iPhone). Geezer- does the Bowie blade have the RMK stamp? The model 12 was made with a 9" Sportmans Bowie, and 11" blade on the Confederate & Smithsonian. The Thorp and Large Arkansas with 13" blades. Pics would help.

Regards,
    Josh

My best friend's dad is friends w/ one of the makers or something like that one of them is a cop? i don't know but he gave his son one for one of his birthdays a few years back. Can't afford those knives, for that price I can get a gun. Not into collecting as I tend to use what I buy. I did get a new glock knife in the mail today for working the Glock Match in February :-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links