TDI and Tek-Lok

TDI and Tek-Lok

This is a discussion on TDI and Tek-Lok within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I know that a lot of members like Ka-Bar's TDI... I like the idea of the thing too, so I bought one. The only ...

Thread: TDI and Tek-Lok

TDI and Tek-Lok

OK, I know that a lot of members like Ka-Bar's TDI... I like the idea of the thing too, so I bought one. The only problem that I have is that the knife (and I do not know if this is standard practice now) is shipped with the metal belt clip. Well... the clip will not close and secure over my Beltman belt, making the connection between my body and the knife unsecure... we don't want to feel un(in)secure... So my question is this, are any members using the Tek-Lok with the small TDI sheath? Will the Tek-Lok bolt right onto the TDI sheath? Will the small Tek-Lok fit over a Beltman gun belt? Yes, that was three questions, please forgive me, and please share your experience...

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but In-Fight Access Kydex makes a sheath with Tek-Lok that isn't too pricey at $30 shipped: https://mdtstraining.com/store.php?c...on=show_detail
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

A very strong +1 for Dave Pyle's In Fight Access sheaths for TDI LE knives.I have several . They are EXCELLENT.

Also if the tek lok is not critical to have, you might take a look at FIN designs' sheath for the TDI knife.....FIN Designs - Single Magazine Carrier
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

I like the idea of the Tek-Lok simply because of the fact that there is VERY little chance of it coming dislodged from a belt. I guess the only question that needs to be answered is whether or not the Tek-Lok will clamp shut over a thick gun belt... Thanks for the replies, both sheath designs are very cool.

Links