Paraflail

Paraflail

This is a discussion on Paraflail within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may be taking a part time contract gig on a military installation that will prohibit me from carrying some of my usual toys. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paraflail

Paraflail

I may be taking a part time contract gig on a military installation that will prohibit me from carrying some of my usual toys. I got to think how much I like saps and wish that it were legal to carry one. Then I got to thinking how great it would be to have something like a sap that I could carry in my hand no matter where I was. This is the result- the Paraflail, it is essentially a 10 inch paracord leash on an aircraft cable key chain. It is actually somewhere between a improvised sap and a flexible weapon. Feels quite good in the hand. It is easy to carry, all you do is slip it inside your waistband until it is needed.

Looks like that would do the trick. Also very inconspicuous.
    RAT RC-3 Don't leave home with out one!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I like it, Mercop... IWB is a good idea... you could also stick that in your front pocket with 2 or 3 inches sticking out, and snatch that out really fast.... back pocket would probably be even faster, but hard to sit on...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Feels oh so good in the hand.

Mic
    Nicely done, I've seen them when I was active with the 550 cord weaved around the steel cable that extended down the length, gives it a bit more twang
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I like it! Where do you get the cable with the connector?
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I buy them in bulk. Otherwise they are pretty expensive. Check out County Comm.- George

My trick for flying is to put my rather large amount of keys on a carabiner, and if needed, clip it to the end of my thick leather belt and swing away.

always with the ideas, Mercop! i tried it, and like it:

i have about 200' of paracord on order; when it comes in, i'll be making a longer one, for permanent use.

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSWON View Post
    My trick for flying is to put my rather large amount of keys on a carabiner, and if needed, clip it to the end of my thick leather belt and swing away.
    The only problem is that there is not much room to swing it on the plane. I like to take some rubber bands with me and roll up the Sky Mall magazine;)

Paralock V2:)

Used one of the steel shackles I use for bracelets.

This is the result of a couple of half hearted whacks on a 2X4 with just the shackle.

Nice thing about the V2 is that you can attach anything you want depending on your need and situation. Here are my wife's keys but you could add anything, like maybe a padlock.

Can you give me some insight on how you wrapped the paracord? Did you just just wrap or did you do some kind of fancy weave? What did you wrap the cord around? I have a ton of cord and I want to make one.

Awesome post thanks Mercop!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I used a similar idea for my flashlight lanyard. I can fish it out of my pocket easily and can grab it with gloves on at work. If the light does not stop them then a few swift whacks to the noggin might. I used a monkey's fist for the end and a spiral weave for the length of it. Always like to see your ideas. The trick for me is always figuring out the loop and how to finish it. Did a better job on this one than previous ones. Come to think of it, I have enough room to clip my key carabiner on mine too!

Yay, Macrame IS making a comeback!!!

Seriously I like the idea - and chiefjason's rolling rib is a knot series I remember being taught by an old sailor...

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    Paralock V2:)

OUCH!

i always look forward to seeing a little bit of what goes on in your head, man. when i'm not working, and sometimes when i am, my mind wanders; much of my wanderings lead me to making improvised weapons, like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links