More on knives - UK Amnesty!

This is a discussion on More on knives - UK Amnesty! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...p13400,00.html I forget the thread we had running, dealing with UK knife crackdowns but - anyways - found this news vid from Sky talking about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on knives - UK Amnesty!

Assistant Administrator

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...p13400,00.html

I forget the thread we had running, dealing with UK knife crackdowns but - anyways - found this news vid from Sky talking about an amnesty!

Yep - hand em in guys - and all will be well doncha know! Interestingly, a guy whose 14 year old son died from a stabbing, has the good sense to realize that it is little more than a ''stunt'' and in essence realizes too that those who want a knife - will get a knife - not exactly difficult.

The corollary is of course that of guns and hand-ins etc - like bad guys will by default hand in their weapons!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Let me add too this link -

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...p12961,00.html

Now here is a very tragic case - husband was killed by a knife. The lady is understandably looking for answers and solutions but - as always, I feel is missing the major points - and like so many thinks that more laws and handing in of knives etc will improve things. Sadly - she seems to forget that laws are rarely obeyed by bad guys - and they will not be affected much at all, other than for the few that may be caught and so receive harsher sentences.

As ever - attacking problems from quite the wrong direction but hey - it probably wins sheep votes!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Sad, sad, sad. Why can't people see through this stuff? Turn in your knives, they say. Sure, but to make it effective, what about kitchen knives? Pretty soon the Brits will but cutting their steaks with spoons. See how effective that is. <sigh>
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Knives, then forks, then potato peelers (I'll not bring deadly chopsticks into the list....) ---
    Sheep can sure be interesting. And sad.

husband was killed by a knife.
    No, he wasn't. He was killed by a person.

VIP Member
    I just got back from my Scotland honeymoon yesterday, and knife crimes are all over the newspapers. I recall "Ever-increasing violence in Britian" being one of the headlines. (Why am I not surprised?)

I read articles about teenagers trying to intervene to stop fights and getting cut up (one was murdered in one case), and some saying they'd never intervene again.

Ban the guns, ban the knives, ban rocks, sticks, and fingers.

There is something terribly, terribly wrong going on across the pond, and the knife amnesty isn't going to help solve the problem.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    The video wouldn't load, but I got the idea.

Chris, if I turn in my knife do I have to turn in the matching fork?

(What a crock!)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

the way i see it is, they had their guns taken away, so people who wanted to kill had to use a knife. once those are taken a way, they'll just find something else, like cricket bats or golf clubs, which, of course, will we banned. makes me glad to be an american.

Amazing. What's next?
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

In my home state in Australia, ANY knife (and I mean ANY knife, even a 1 inch long blade) is what's called a 'controlled weapon', meaning you must have an excuse (like using it for your work etc) to have it on you, or in your car or bag. Self defence is specifically precluded from being a lawful excuse. This puts your humble pocket knife in the same category as police batons and crossbows with regard to legislation.

Amazing world we live in, where people are under the misguided beleif that amnesties will do anything. If I was a bad guy, and wanted to get rid of my weapons, I wouldn't be strolling down to see Mr Plod... I'd throw it in the bin.

Just another example of the 'get tough' reactionary policing we're seeing all over the world.
    PAX IN BELLO

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    yea what elmore said have yet to see a knife jump off the counter n cut up my steak by itself althoug would be nice if it would sharpen itself?

What everyone is forgetting

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...p13400,00.html

I forget the thread we had running, dealing with UK knife crackdowns but - anyways - found this news vid from Sky talking about an amnesty!

Yep - hand em in guys - and all will be well doncha know! Interestingly, a guy whose 14 year old son died from a stabbing, has the good sense to realize that it is little more than a ''stunt'' and in essence realizes too that those who want a knife - will get a knife - not exactly difficult.

The corollary is of course that of guns and hand-ins etc - like bad guys will by default hand in their weapons!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Let me add too this link -

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...p12961,00.html

Now here is a very tragic case - husband was killed by a knife. The lady is understandably looking for answers and solutions but - as always, I feel is missing the major points - and like so many thinks that more laws and handing in of knives etc will improve things. Sadly - she seems to forget that laws are rarely obeyed by bad guys - and they will not be affected much at all, other than for the few that may be caught and so receive harsher sentences.

As ever - attacking problems from quite the wrong direction but hey - it probably wins sheep votes!
    It seems to me what everyone is forgetting is that these are the same folks that are rioting whenever their "football" teams lose.

Pretty soon they'll want to ban plastic "Sporks" too.

Maybe things will go awry enough there the folks here will wise up!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Speaking of sporks, I did see a bunch of plastic forks in the confiscation bin at the London, Gatwick Airport at the security checkpoint.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Won't be long the only thing Brits will be allowed to own will be those plastic safety scissors from kindergarten ... there'll probably still be a fine if caught running with them though. Makes Dixie seem like Heaven!
    Jack

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    If these sheeple would have come and taken control of the English government 70 years earlier, Nazi Germany would have certainly defeated and obtain control of this island nation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links