Help with Bushmaster

Help with Bushmaster

This is a discussion on Help with Bushmaster within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a Bushmaster Mod XM-15e2s that I bought from a friend for $850 some months back. I've carried it out and love the way ...

Thread: Help with Bushmaster

Help with Bushmaster

I have a Bushmaster Mod XM-15e2s that I bought from a friend for $850 some months back. I've carried it out and love the way it shoots. There are a couple of thinks I want to do to it asap. Number 1 is attach a good two-point sling. This is the one I've found that I like.
    Magpul MS2 Multi-Mission Sling
    I have noticed a that I will need an sling mount and was wondering if anybody might know where these might be purchased for the best price? How hard will it be to take off the butt stock and add sling mount? Suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
    Number two is a decent rail system. I'm looking at adding the Sig stop light which fits a normal quad rail system.
    SIG Store
    This would take care of light/tactical light/laser/grip at a decent price.
    Number three is can someone tell me what I would need to do to add a tactical sight to the removable carry handle.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. Price is a factor. Primary focus is the two-point sling because I'm a decent shot with iron sights. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Passin' Through; March 19th, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: More information needed for Sling Mount
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

The ms2 is the perfect sling IMHO...magpul also makes the sling mount...as far as buttstock remove it by pulling down on the adjuster on the bottom of the buttstock and slide back. Troy industries also has a sling adapter that goes on easily......optics....http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=5...nt...something like that is what I used before going to flattop
    Led By Love Of Country

You're going to need a vive and a tool to get that castle nut that hold the butt plate on, off. I took mine to a LGS and had it done there for about the cost of the tool.

You can do better than the price at the SIG Store on the light. GunsAmerica - SIG/iTAC STOPLIGHT - Lights > Tactical - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Heads up. When you pull that Castle nut, the spring for the rear receiver pin is held in place by it. Do it slowly, and make sure when you reinstall that you get the spring in straight.

Have a look at Brownells for the parts--they also carry the Specter single point, which is what I use on my ARs, AK, and Benelli shotguns. One sling and 5 tails will cover 5 guns, and for about $40.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    You're going to need a vive and a tool to get that castle nut that hold the butt plate on, off. I took mine to a LGS and had it done there for about the cost of the tool.

You can do better than the price at the SIG Store on the light. GunsAmerica - SIG/iTAC STOPLIGHT - Lights > Tactical - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H
    I've actually got a better price for the Sig light. About $175 + tax in Ocala, FL. I'm gonna get my buddy to pick it up and then we'll meet for lunch in Perry the next day.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Keep the suggestions coming. I need all the help I can get.
    May wait on the optics for the time being but will probably be my next big purchase.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

No need to remove the buffer tube assembly, castle nut etc when using the troy industries sling adapter....just the actual adjustable buttstock slides off the back
    Led By Love Of Country

Sponsored Links