Bulgarian Mags

Bulgarian Mags

This is a discussion on Bulgarian Mags within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I need advice people. I've heard a lot of good things about the Bulgarian "waffle" polymer mags, the so called "circle 10." So I bought ...

Thread: Bulgarian Mags

Bulgarian Mags

I need advice people. I've heard a lot of good things about the Bulgarian "waffle" polymer mags, the so called "circle 10." So I bought 4 of them. They weren't cheap (like $30 each). My problem is, they don't quite fit.

I have a WASR 10 romanian rifle with a stamped receiver. The surplus steel mags fit fine, as do the Tapco waffle polymer mags. Now, I understand that the WASR 10 is not exactly a fine piece of craftsmanship, particularly the Romanian with a stamped receiver. Keeping that in mind, I've read other posts about people filing down the mag well or shaving off a bit of the polymer on the mags.

So should I just return these for a refund? or should I try and make them fit?

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks!

Bulgarian waffle mags are tops IMO. I have no experience with the WASR rifles. The waffle mags being polymer coated may be a bit over spec depending. I wouldn't start filing on the mag well, and I wouldn't start carving on your magazines. I'd just break them in to your rifle by inserting and ejecting them (empty magazines) time after time until they work well. No....$30 aint cheap now. I got plenty of them when cheap was cheap. Break them in the right way, and don't even think about carving anything on the rifle or the mags. It will happen with wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Bulgarian waffle mags are tops IMO. I have no experience with the WASR rifles. The waffle mags being polymer coated may be a bit over spec depending. I wouldn't start filing on the mag well, and I wouldn't start carving on your magazines. I'd just break them in to your rifle by inserting and ejecting them (empty magazines) time after time until they work well. No....$30 aint cheap now. I got plenty of them when cheap was cheap. Break them in the right way, and don't even think about carving anything on the rifle or the mags. It will happen with wear and tear.
    Thanks so much for the advice. They are really, really tight. I will work them in and out and see what happens.

Hey Ram Rod... I've been working them in slowly when suddenly voila! They popped right into place!

Thanks so much for the advice!!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The issue is with the rifle (mag wells out of spec, great work shop monkies) not the mags which are some of the best made for the AK.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links