870 HD shotgun sling considerations...

This is a discussion on 870 HD shotgun sling considerations... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been reading a LOT about this. I like/agree that a two point sling is king. I have a VTAC sling on my AR15 and ...

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

I've been reading a LOT about this. I like/agree that a two point sling is king. I have a VTAC sling on my AR15 and love it, HOWEVER....

This shotgun is for HD only. No long hikes or outside work unless it's training or at the range. So for weapon retention and enabling me to use two hands without setting the rifle down I'm now thinking of a single point sling.

From my reading it seems a single point is good for moving around in tight quarters with a lot of corners, up and down.

Of course for HD many recommend NO sling at all and I can see the practicality of that.

So again I'm thinking of a single point with an H&K hook setup that would be easy to use at the range or possibly in the home to aide in weapons retention but not be a long two point that's never going to be slung and carried a long ways. If I'm on the move and going somewhere I'm taking the AR and a sidearm.

So I need to check six on my thinking. I thinking a limited sling for limited use is good and it seems a single point would work. I'd mount a plate between the stock and receiver.

I'd really appreciate any and all thoughts on sling configuration for my type of application. If you agree with a single point, I'd like to hear your recommendations for one; again, keeping in mind the limited roll it'll play.

Thanks all!
    God Bless
    Gideon

Due to the fact that I walk with a cane, I use a single point sling on many of my long guns. It aids in carry, control, and retention. I have one sling that is shared between all of them and spends most of its time hanging right above the HD shotgun.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Links