LMT or DD

This is a discussion on LMT or DD within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I've finally decided I am going to buy my first AR, but cant decided between the LMT Defender Standard Patrol Model 16 and the ...

Thread: LMT or DD

LMT or DD

Well I've finally decided I am going to buy my first AR, but cant decided between the LMT Defender Standard Patrol Model 16 and the Daniel Defense DDXV.
    Does anybody have and first hand knowledge on either one of these? Is one "better" than the other?
    I really like the LMT but something is telling me to look at the Daniel Defense a little harder. I'm stuck

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    They're both pretty comparable. I'd find the best deal I could on one or the other and pull the trigger. Not that it would matter at all to me, but fit and finish is probably nicer on the DD.

Aimsurplus.com has a DDXV for $1K with free shipping...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

My LMT has served me well but I've been reading a lot of threads on different forums with people talking about the quality of the receivers, the MIM gas keys and the loose gas keys recently. That is truly unfortunate since mine has been utterly reliable and has ate anything I've given it.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Those are both very reliable brands and a great first choice. Like the others have said...you wont really go wrong with either. Just look for the best deal.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I would personally got with LMT. But also would recommend you look at the BCM as well if you haven't already. They make a pretty good rifle.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I to have heard of some QC issues with LMT lowers lately. You might as well look at Noveske while you aer looking.
    Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of ones youth, blessed is he who has a quiver full of them.They will not be ashamed, they will speak with thier enemies at the gate.

Psalm 127:4-5

True forgot Noveske...they are quite good.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

And just to stir the pot some more, Pat Rogers' "Filthy 14" - a Bravo Company mid-length - just passed the 31,000 round mark with 1 significant cleaning, no major stoppages until now. It looks like it needs a new extractor.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thanks for all the replys!
    Well I ended up getting the LMT and have to say i am quite satisfied with my purchase. Cant wait to take her to the range.

Links