Marlin Guide-Gun 45-70 - Page 3

Marlin Guide-Gun 45-70

This is a discussion on Marlin Guide-Gun 45-70 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Agreed on all points OD. In fact I myself was going to cit the 'Sandy Hook' test but at the them moment could not recall ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Agreed on all points OD.

In fact I myself was going to cit the 'Sandy Hook' test but at the them moment could not recall the name of the test site nor the dude who ran them.
    So thanks for the assist!
    Proof positive I'm getting older as crap used to just come to mind instantly without trying.

Agreed on the cartridge being very functional a per the shooter and his load.
    Today I was watching an episode of ShootingUSA (TiVod from several weeks back) and they had guys shooting blackpowder rifles circa 1800s and older on a 1K yd range hitting 9 and 10 rings with consistency. Amazing stuff!
    Now of course they were shooting into the sky off the side of a built up berm and had peep sights run out to what looked like 3" high. :p

Agreed again...I too was wondering same why he didn't the more modern items, and the 1895 lever being missing is a blatant error considering it is well known for it's strength (500 gr. +P! from Garrett ) and popularity among shooters of th cartridge and general gotta stop whatever _right now_ type guides and emergency survival minded persons.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I'd like to have that in trap door set up 45-70. I don't own a lever action. There's something about walking in the cutdowns and tripping doesn't present
    a healthlty picture in my world. You go out in the woods of Maine during deer
    season you'll see kids with more lever action 30-30 than anything else because
    they work !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links