Holographic Sights - Page 6

Holographic Sights

This is a discussion on Holographic Sights within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks Janq, lots of info. It was the post prior to mine and a few other places I have seen it mentioned that eotech made ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Holographic Sights

Thanks Janq, lots of info. It was the post prior to mine and a few other places I have seen it mentioned that eotech made the bushnell. If I'm understanding what you said they don't make it its just the same technology.
    On another note sportsmans has the eotech 512a65 or whatever for $370 for members and I have seen the 511 for $360 new but don't know what the differences are.

No, you are misreading me.

I'm speaking to EOTech as to the mid and late 90s, not current today 2010.
    EOtech today is owned fully by a company called 'L3' (L-3 Communications).

I have no clue what Bushnell is doing today current market.
    I have not had need personally nor professionally to pay them any attention.

In the 90s The EOTech product technology as it was debuted was licensed to Bushnell to market to the civilian market.
    That is where this technology was first debuted. Prior to any .GOV or .MIL (Marines) sales or contracts being set forth. I have to watch myself at this point for professional reasons so I'll stop there.

What you know of EOTech today as a consumer, which is not what was being discussing as related to Bushnell prior in the thread, is all L-3.
    You will be buying L-3 product, with EOTech being a wholly owned subsidiary.
    The conversation had been nothing more than a history lesson.

As to what are the differences and what have between the EOTech models as currently supported (2010), I would suggest you reference their website.

511.A65/1 ~ N Type batteries
    Product: 511.A65/1 | L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems

512.A65/1 ~ AA type batteries
    Product: 512.A65/1 | L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

TJ, I got the information from a youtube video.
    YouTube - EOtech or Bushnell Holosight

Just going by information on the video contributor. Sorry if I presented it as the gospel. As to knowing, I don't. Just took it as face value and shouldn't have.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Through View Post
    TJ, I got the information from a youtube video.
    YouTube - EOtech or Bushnell Holosight

Just going by information on the video contributor. Sorry if I presented it as the gospel. As to knowing, I don't. Just took it as face value and shouldn't have.
    Well.....

Found this while cruising another forum, thought it would go well in this thread. Also note, it reads as though Eotech make s the bushnell copy, but that is not why i am posting it.
    http://www.eotech-inc.com/documents/...hts%204-09.pdf

It reads that way TJ because that was the case.

Or at least was as during the mid 90s to the early 00's when they went off line with us.
    Bushnell was just a marketing partner.

Folks need to know and understand that in the products world just because you see something labeled as XYZ Co. does not mean it was manufactured by XYZ co. or is even an actual product of XYZ Co.

This is the case not just in the firearms industry but literally everything from food products to automobiles, computers and software to even the services industry at the front end (i.e. electronic banking) to the back end as well.

Bushnell as I'd stated to start was a licensee, that's all...With intent by EOTech to get their then very unique and ground breaking technology into the hands of consumers so as to develop a market period.
    It was several years later that the military (Marines) first adopted the product and after that it spread like wildfire through other branches and para-military agencies to become how it is known today.

This was a civilian product through Bushnell marketing that later became positioned and marketed toward the military and law enforcement, as with market specific updates including the well known armor hood and the then labeled and marketed as "MILITARY USE ONLY" night vision interface capability as per then partner ITT.

The unit I have (511) was given to me gratis as an evaluation unit and for my company to better support the client, which is very normal in industry.
    I've had it for a decade now and aside from being a battery hog it's put up with a good amount of non-combat end user use.

But again this is just history.
    I haven't so much as even looked at the Bushnell website in years, and they have not been a client of ours...yet. ; )

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Janq, i just posted it mainly for people to read. But it is on Eotechs front page with a copyright of 2007. Also please dont think I am trying to argue, I just got sucked in thinking I could get a real eotech with a different name for $200 and a few less features. I dont need .gov specs but I dont want to have to re-zero every trip to the range either.

I will say though you have me confused about your "clients", bussiness and what not.

No worries TJ..I was just clarifying, no argument or atleast that was not my intent.

I should go look at the Bushnell sight to see if they are still selling the Holosight or not.
    From the above post of yours possibly they still are...And that might be the hub of confusion.

I agree with you on not needing .GOV/.MIL specs. In fact most consumers dont, even as they are all OMG gotta have. :p

As to clients EOTech was in the past a client which is why I know what I've said about them.
    They are no longer, not for roughly ten years now.

Edit:
    As I thought, I can no longer locate the Holosight product at the Bushnell website.
    I see that Midway though still sells it among several others but I find no specific info on it at the mfr. website...And doing a search of "holosight" at the Bushnell website comes up only with several warranty info pages and a reference in their FAQ. It's no longer listed on their website though as being a current product.
    That makes me think it is discontinued even as units clearly remain on the market in dealer/reseller inventory.

- Janq

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links