KA SR25 with Supp??

KA SR25 with Supp??

This is a discussion on KA SR25 with Supp?? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How much would one of these cost me? I haven't call them yet. I don't want to have sticker shock over the phone so I ...

Thread: KA SR25 with Supp??

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

KA SR25 with Supp??

How much would one of these cost me? I haven't call them yet. I don't want to have sticker shock over the phone so I will ask here.

I want an SR25 with a Suppressor. They are legal in Georgia. Perfectly 100% legal. I love it.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Somewhere in the neighborhood of $5000, IIRC.

Well darn I better start saving even more cash. Im halfway there sigh ...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Very baseline, - $5k
    "Standard," w/ 16" chrome lined bbl - $6250
    "SR 25" marked, 16" SS bbl - $6700

None of these prices include a suppressor - add around another grand for a good can and associated tax stamp. This, of course, assumes you can FIND what you're looking for... :)

Let us know if and when you get the set up, as it will no doubt be incredible...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    Something to be aware of...

the .308's dont hold a candle to the .300 Whisper in the way of accuracy. There is simply too much space in the case for a subsonic round. The powder burn therefore is very inconsistent,which results in less than stellar accuracy.

I've heard every argument there is about how accurate the .308 is. Most of that accuacy comes with supersonic velocity, which even suppressed is pretty loud.

A suppressor does little good when shooting a supersonic round. Sure, it makes it hearing safe and it may mask the report if you are shooting at targets that shoot back, but it aint as spiffy as most people think.

Its the very reason that J.D. Jones developed the Whisper. It shoots a heavy 220 grain bullet around 1050 FPS and is the quietest hardest hitting round going.

You can buy a top half for an AR for a lot less than the SR-25 and have a much more efficent setup.

I've got 3 of them and they are some coyote and deer killing machines. The last deer I whacked was a 10 point buck that had a doe with him. The doe never even ran off until I got out of my stand and literally walked right up to it. I figure me and the buck were the only ones that even heard the shot.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Im just military trained. We didn't have anything like a 300 whisper. We just used 308. If we needed suppressed fire we used M4 with sup. and subsonic. I never went to sniper school either but had some buddies that were but I honestly never got into deep conversation with sniper tactics, didn't apply to me, and I didn't want to be crawling 100 yard spans in 5 business days time either. I like to move and get the job done.

Trying to keep it simple stupid haha. Civilians have so much better stuff if only it were select fire. Darn those stupid politicians and Brady screwballs for banning our right to any weapon we have a right to.

Speaking of select fire I never understood how its acceptable that one bullet can kill but not acceptable that 3 in a burst can kill just well what is the difference? Murder is murder!

Just found out directly from KA.

5000 msrp for sr25
    1400 for suppressor

I know I can build one my self for cheaper and am looking into that option. Im not in a hurry but I would like to secure a rifle that truly handles Milspec 7.62 as the headspace is different that the 308. In addition I understand that KA and similar grade manufacturers engineer their breeches to handle the two difference headspaces and brass thickness and pressure differences of the NATO/Civilian grades of 30 cal ammo.

Senior Moderator
    Ya know, there are other options. Rock River, Armalite,DPMS,all have similar rifles that will do exactly the same thing for around 13-15 hundred.

You could build a suppressor on a Form 1 if you have the skills and the equipment.

All of the rifles will accept either milspec or other.

I personally think that the Knights are overpriced. A freind of mine has one with a GemTec suppressor, and while it is an accurate gun, it wont do anything any better than one of the cheaper ones.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Heck, you can get a Noveske for much less, and I dare say it would be of equal quality... That said, sometimes you just want the "real deal," even if there is no functional difference between that brand and another.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

BAC
    If you're going to spend more than a couple grand on an AR-10, take a look at the JP Rifles LRP-07. Give 'em a call and you can have stuff added, removed, swapped, etc. Let 'em know you wanna add a can and they might be able to give you a good direction for suppressors. If you're willing to pay more, Tac Ops makes some of the best suppressors... period.

So wanna get into the AR Sr. game, but so can't afford what I have, much less a new mouth to feed.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

I was looking at Noveske today. Im still gonna get a can. I was looking at this place in my state here I could buy locally from:

Liberty Suppressors - Firearm Sound Suppressors

Check out the constitution.

I'm going to leave this right here
    NWA Tactical
    I've not dealt with NWAtactical, so I don't know of their reputation. However, I am aware of their existence.
    A good KAC can will be 700-1200 depending on where you get it. Add 200 for the tax stamp. Add 1000-1600 for a scope (you really ought go with a Leupold mk4 of some sort, or, on the higher end, you could get a NightForce).

Or, you could build a similar M1A for a lot less. Just sayin

Sponsored Links