BullPups Anyone? - Page 2

BullPups Anyone?

This is a discussion on BullPups Anyone? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Shadowsbane Problem a lot of the forward ejection bullpups are having is clearing out jams. Apparently it is an "involved" process. Any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BullPups Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Problem a lot of the forward ejection bullpups are having is clearing out jams. Apparently it is an "involved" process.
    Any data on this? no one has provided any, only speculation

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I have seen various reports of Triple feeds in the FN FS2000 bullpup rifle. This could of been an issue with the early firearms, but the lack of a bolt hold open in combination with the location of the magazine would lend itself to more complicated clearings of jams.

Google will probably hold your answers.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    Any data on this? no one has provided any, only speculation
    What data do you need? To clear most malfunctions on any of the FN products, for instance, you have to do an armorer level teardown of the system.

"Um, Mr. Bad Guy, give me a sec, here. I gotta tear down my rifle and clear a malf. Yeah, thanks. I'll be a minute. Smoke 'em if you got 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    The Brit SA80 series has had a lot of issues, so I wouldn't exactly take that as a good seal of approval. Bullpups tend to not have as decent trigger feel as a conventional rifle, and the ergos for reloads, stoppages, etc. aren't exactly natural.
    I'm in the British Army and have fired thousands of rounds through the SA80.

I've never had any real bad stopage only the odd miss feed. Even when firing rapidly The check piece doesn't get hot. It feels like a natural position for me as I have learn't on the weapon and have had a lot of practice using it. The size of the weapon is made smaller for the same size barel as other rifles like the M16.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links