Please help -- bushmaster ar-15..

This is a discussion on Please help -- bushmaster ar-15.. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i just bought a used bushmaster ar-15 model.. XM-15 -E2S,and i don't know much about them but i bought it for 750?? good price?.. the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just bought a used bushmaster ar-15 model.. XM-15 -E2S,and i don't know much about them but i bought it for 750?? good price?.. the main question i have is on the stock?? when i shorten it all the way up the end sticks out of it?? just dos not look right... anyone help please ! also when its out there are threads looking like it need screwed in more??? please help i have no clue what is going on with this??
    Attached Images

that is very very bad!!
    I'll take it off your hands for $750 and remove the problem for you.....:)

now on a serous note, How does it shoot!?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

lol ... well i just had surgery on my knee so i didnt get much of a chance to shoot it a bunch but did go put a few rounds threw it and it seamed fine.. but i defiantly want to get a new red dot scope this one on here sucks!! so what is wrong with this thing?

Yeah....that shouldn't happen. What kind of stock is it? Will it lock into place like that? Are there other stops in the stock? Is the castle nut staked?

Otherwise, it should be good to go to shoot. You might want to look at another stock...very easy to replace.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

it will not lock all the way down no , but it does have to different locking positions. and no it look like there is only one nut? ,

it looks like the nut under the lever you pull to slide the stock back and forth may be screwed up too tight and allowing the pin to come out too far when you pull the lever up which allows the buttstock to slide past the stop,there should be a roll pin in the slot cutout in the bolt that keeps the nut locked in place,that buttstock should not go past the end of the buffer tube
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lead Moderator
    First , my buffer tube measures approx 7" overall with about 1 " of thread showing behind the castle nut. The stock you have pictured does not appear to be correct for the M-4 style is is made to look like. The buffer tube should not stick out when the stock is collapsed.
    A good source of info on AR's is here http://www.ar15.com/forums/active.html
    Personally I would find someone who has a bit of experience in AR's to help you out with correcting your issues. a good place to start is the hometown forum on arfcom.
    Finally what the heck is all over the handguards and pistol grip? tape?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Simple the the buffer tube is too long for that rifle. It appears to be a rifle length tube with an M4 style AR rear adjustable stock.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

this

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    it looks like the nut under the lever you pull to slide the stock back and forth may be screwed up too tight and allowing the pin to come out too far when you pull the lever up which allows the buttstock to slide past the stop,there should be a roll pin in the slot cutout in the bolt that keeps the nut locked in place,that buttstock should not go past the end of the buffer tube
    this is the prob simple fix
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Simple the the buffer tube is too long for that rifle. It appears to be a rifle length tube with an M4 style AR rear adjustable stock.

Yep. What he said. Either buy a new buffer tube or a full size rifle stock.

ok awesome.. well at least now i know its not that big of an issue.. and it came with that white stuff on it .. its a white koban .. i think that is what they call it... its not tape it just sticks to its self???

so i could just buy a new buffer stock for it that should be it?

ya the buffer tube on my gun is 10 inch's long???

Quote Originally Posted by TyVeenendaal View Post
    i just bought a used bushmaster ar-15 model.. XM-15 -E2S,and i don't know much about them but i bought it for 750?? good price?.. the main question i have is on the stock?? when i shorten it all the way up the end sticks out of it?? just dos not look right... anyone help please ! also when its out there are threads looking like it need screwed in more??? please help i have no clue what is going on with this??
    Yes, that was a good price. It is less than I paid for my used XM-15-E2S.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Here's your answer.

It may be a too long buffer tube. The price is good as long as the barrel is'nt shot out. I bought the same gun in 1999 for around $950. At that time, it was illegal to have the collapsable stock, so they were pinned in position. When the law sunsetted, I removed the pin and had the same problem as you do. I just bought a 6 postion replacement stock and in 5 min., problem solved.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links