Looking at Saiga Rifle in .223 - Page 3

Looking at Saiga Rifle in .223

This is a discussion on Looking at Saiga Rifle in .223 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll chime in as well, I have one in .308. I went with the long barrel and wood furniture. It's a fine rifle....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at Saiga Rifle in .223

I'll chime in as well, I have one in .308. I went with the long barrel and wood furniture.
    It's a fine rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    The cheaper Wolf 223 run fine through it?
    Zero,

Everything I have read online would indicate the Wolf ammo runs fine in the .223 Saiga. But I can't say yes from personal experience.

PaxMentis,

I agree with the .223 Saiga being the best of both worlds. I like the fact that it would be using the same ammo as everyone else using a AR. But would like my .223 Saiga to have a AR magazine adapter to use AR mags.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Now Zero there is likely a 12 step program for this kind of illness.....

I think I am getting a strange feeling myself. Very nice Saiga line up you have going!
    They make 12 models?

I love my .223 and just ordered a 12...

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    I love my .223 and just ordered a 12...
    The 12 gauge will indeed put a grin on your face. They are made to run buckshot and slugs, you may have to tinker with it some to run birdshot through it flawlessly. Once they break in and you get them running good....watch out, fun stuff.

Thanks Zero...I can't wait :)

By the way, in case there is confusion for folks unfamiliar with it...the Saiga .223 is labeled .223 I believe partially for import purposes...it actually has a 5.56 chamber.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Does anyone know of anyone making a adapter to use the AR mags in the Saiga .223?

Renegadebuck over on Saiga-12.com and the other MSA supposed to make them but are out now. Is there anyone else making them?

To me that would be the perfect setup. Saiga .223 using AR mags.

This thread is really making me consider going with a Saiga 12 (instead of my intended Mossberg 590A1) when I decide to get my SBS hopefully later this year....
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Does anyone know of anyone making a adapter to use the AR mags in the Saiga .223?

Renegadebuck over on Saiga-12.com and the other MSA supposed to make them but are out now. Is there anyone else making them?

To me that would be the perfect setup. Saiga .223 using AR mags.
    Nobody makes a AR adaptor of which I am aware...but SureFire and a couple of other US companies make quality 30 rounders for the Saiga (and they count as 3 parts for 922(r) compliance).

-- L. Neil Smith

Thanks PaxMentis,

I've read that Magnolia state armory has made them and list them on there site.

MagnoliaStateArmory | Magnolia State Armory

But heard a couple having trouble getting in touch with them so am leery of buying from them.
    Then they say that Renegadebuck makes the best and easiest to install, but haven't confirmed that.

I guess I was just hoping that someone would know of any place that had them in stock.

What I am going for is the ability to use ready available magazines for the AR's and the ammo also, but have the reliability of the AK.
    Last edited by Rigrat; May 27th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Got the 12 today and fired off about 20 rounds of buck...

Wow.

Now for stock, grip and trigger group...

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    No, it will never happen to Rigrat.....see I'm keeping it under control.

nice collection!

i am having trouble finding saiga rifles in 223 (5.56)! nothing at atlantic firearms of j&g sales. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    nice collection!

i am having trouble finding saiga rifles in 223 (5.56)! nothing at atlantic firearms of j&g sales. any ideas?
    GunsAmerica and GunBroker both have quite a few listed...

Coincidentally, it seems that GA has mostly 20.5" bbls at around $425 and GB has more 16" bbls at around $325...

Both also have completed conversions at substantially higher prices.

-- L. Neil Smith

To the OP john, they do allow Saigas in our state. Hoffmans was selling .223s. Have not seen 5.45 in the stores I normally go to. I am not sure if doing a conversion is CT kosher. I leave mine unconverted and they shoot pretty well. nothing like a AK type weapon made from the factory where the Man, Mikhail, himself worked.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links