Remington 770 ,7 mm mag

This is a discussion on Remington 770 ,7 mm mag within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; any guys here own this rifle , any feedback??, what bullet would perform better at 100-200 yards , any help with appreciated...

Thread: Remington 770 ,7 mm mag

Question Remington 770 ,7 mm mag

any guys here own this rifle , any feedback??, what bullet would perform better at 100-200 yards , any help with appreciated

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    From a 7mm Mag, any bullet will perform well at 200-300 yards. What are you intending to shoot with it? Matching the bullet against the game is more important. Generally, the bigger the game, the heavier the bullet. Heavier bullets will carry more energy at longer distances.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I going to hunt hogs and deer , and do some target shooting at long range

For deer my 7mm loves Winchester ballistic tip 140 gr., it dumps all it's energy on target and rarely exits. I think it's the perfect round for thin skinned whitetail sized animals.
    Haven't had one go more then 30 yards from impact.
    For hogs I would use Winchesters XP3 in 160 gr.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ntg
    Glockfan,
    The 770 doesn't have the greatest reputation, but I've heard they're better than they were. I'd do my research before buying. I think you can get a lot of good deals on a bolt action that are a better bet than the 770. Is low budget a factor? This information can help in recommendations.

Also 7mm Mag is a lot of gun for the dear and hogs in your neck of the woods IMO. Are you planning on hunting elsewhere?
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Quote Originally Posted by ntg View Post
    Glockfan,
    The 770 doesn't have the greatest reputation, but I've heard they're better than they were. I'd do my research before buying. I think you can get a lot of good deals on a bolt action that are a better bet than the 770. Is low budget a factor? This information can help in recommendations.
    I already got it , I went to day to the range at 100 yards very accurate , no malfuction. ..I just want to heard from ppl who own this rifle , for me the rifle aint that bad .. ppl talk crap but they never had one , just my .02 cents

ntg
    I have no reason to bash it as I've never fired one. They're not put together too well, but I've heard from owners that they're fairly accurate and some like them also as they're not worried about beating it up, etc. They did have issues with the inital run, but the current run with the more stylish stock seems to be a good basic rifle. Enjoy it!
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

VIP Member
    I think a 7mm is a bit of overkill for Fl deer and hogs, but if that's what you like to shoot, game on!
    I briefly considered a 7mm Mag when I lived out west, but I didn't care for the recoil. Besides, my 30-06 never let me down. Those guys I knew who shot the 7mm always liked it. It does have some range to it!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The recoil is not a issue , I thinking in polishing the bolt for a smother action , do you guys recommend that ??,

VIP Member
    Anything you can do to improve its action won't hurt. But you have to consider the costs of doing so versus the cost of the gun. It's a bit like buying an expensive car versus buying the parts separately.

But if you're like me, you have to tinker with it. Anything can be made better.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Anything you can do to improve its action won't hurt. But you have to consider the costs of doing so versus the cost of the gun. It's a bit like buying an expensive car versus buying the parts separately.

But if you're like me, you have to tinker with it. Anything can be made better.
    well I got some Mother Mag polished(only $5) , I will start polishing the bolt soon by hand

Links