Carbine On Order

Carbine On Order

This is a discussion on Carbine On Order within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got me a great gal. She gave the OK for another purchase. I have on order a Hi-Point 995TSFG. I've wanted a carbine in ...

Thread: Carbine On Order

Carbine On Order

I've got me a great gal. She gave the OK for another purchase. I have on order a Hi-Point 995TSFG.

I've wanted a carbine in pistol caliber so I finally broke down and got the Hi-Point in 9mm. What I've read about them is good. I'm anxious for it to come in and get a range day.

Sweet, I've heard good things about them as well.

I went with the Kel-Tec SUB-2000 myself. The cool thing about it is that I can share mags with the SUB-2000 and my Glocks. I love plinking with it and I think that it makes a good combo for SD with the carbine, Glock pistols, and my Shotty.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Inexpensive and they work.....that’s kind of a novel concept these days. You will like this carbine a lot. Unlike the HP handguns which are clumsy and heavy because they use a blowback design with calibers larger than .380 which requires them to have heavy bulky slides to retard the blowback forces for larger calibers, the HP 995 carbine with its huge bolt works well with the blowback design and the small rifles are handy, reliable and relatively accurate. All you can ask for around $200-225. Get 4-6 OEM mags and you are set. FYI, Promag makes a 15 round mag for the 995 but its crappy and most people have feeding issues with them.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    I had an old style 995 I sold a while back to fund another purchase. It was 100% reliable and a lot of fun to shoot. I really like the new design and may spring for one sometime soon.

I think I will go for the 4095 this time around. Hi-Point says the 4595 should be out in August.

And you cannot beat the warranty!
    NRA Life Member

I got the KelTek Sub2K for the 33 round mags, but think the 995 is probably going on my "get it list" right after the KelTek PLR-16...that one looks like my next toy...

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

I'm getting impatient. It's been a whole day.

I can't get to the range until the 12th. So if I have to wait a week better it be the week I'm on standby.

My wife says I need patience.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    I Hi-Point says the 4595 should be out in August.
    They have been saying that for almost a year now.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Sponsored Links