Had some fun yesterday...

This is a discussion on Had some fun yesterday... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I qualified to carry a weapon while on civil guard in my town in Israel. We qualified with what looked to me to be a ...

Thread: Had some fun yesterday...

VIP Member

Had some fun yesterday...

I qualified to carry a weapon while on civil guard in my town in Israel. We qualified with what looked to me to be a Saginaw M1 Carbine. I had to fire 10 shots at a target that was about 50 yards away.

I grouped all 10 in a tight group but all the shots were to the upper right of the target. So I guess the sights might have needed to be adjusted.

So now when we do civil guard/neighborhood watch patrols, I can carry either the carbine or another weapon that the police have available.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Cool I Love the M1 Carbine carry it well and sight in the weapon you have
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Congrats! Keep your head down and be safe!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My Mom probably had a hand in building your rifle. She worked in the Gun Plant here in Saginaw during WWII.

I am glad she did a good job. She is 86 now and has slowed down some, not much, but some.

Stay safe.

If the need arises that you must use your shooting skills may you shoot quickly and accurately.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

Administrator
    "So now when we do civil guard/neighborhood watch patrols, I can carry either the carbine or another weapon that the police have available."

That's great. Happy Shooting.
    Send a deranged suicide bomber to Hell for us.

Very cool rifle, and good shooting. sight that bad boy in and you are good to go. Stay safe my friend.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Senior Moderator
    You couldnt get an AR or a Galil?

The carbine is better than nothing, but its yesterdays technology. Lots of better stuff to fight a war with.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

BC, I thought you guys are issued M4s or Uzis in your country when you turn 18. just kidding...

out of curiosity, how many rounds are you issued with your M1 when you use it with your official duties? I've been in some third world countries where they issue this to civilian auxiliaries along with vintage BARs and M1 Garands.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What? You openly carry firearms for self defense? What's the world coming to?

I gotta break down and get one of those carbines one day. Keep a sharp eye out for the BGs!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links