Just Traded 1 fer 2

Just Traded 1 fer 2

This is a discussion on Just Traded 1 fer 2 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been debating selling/trading my CX4 Storm for a couple of months, and have had the itch for another "back-up" bird gun, and another "shorty". ...

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar

Just Traded 1 fer 2

I've been debating selling/trading my CX4 Storm for a couple of months, and have had the itch for another "back-up" bird gun, and another "shorty". First thought was a Mossy semi-auto with two barrrels, but stopped off at a shop I've done a lot of businiess with and made a different deal. He had a NIB Mossy 88 short barrrel on the rack, and even though I would prefer the tang safety to the cross bolt of the 88, I was a bit intrigued. So, I went to the truck and brought in the CX4...his eyes lit up. I told him I was wanting a gun with at least the 18.5" barrel and 28" barrel so he went to the back and brought out another 88 LNIB with the 28" barrrel. The trading began. This guy and I know each other pretty well aftere all our trades, and I had planted the idea a month or so ago that I would have to get at least $650 for the CX4. Over the phone he was only willing to allow arounf $550. I ended up with both Mossy's, $150 cash and a couplle of boxes of Winchester 00 Buck Mag. Pretty good trade, huh?

So, now I not only have another short HD gun, I also have the beater back-up bird gun for those nasty weather days we always have in September and cash to take the missus out for dinner for her birthday tomorrow.

Life is once again tolerable

surv

ETA: I was willing to take $600 and run, so.....

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I love my CX4 but I would say you got a great deal there. Two plus cash and ammo for one is a deal anyone would like to get.

Links