the anticipation

This is a discussion on the anticipation within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, i have put down 185 dollars so far on my 870 and still owe another 200 which i'll have paid off in a month. ...

Thread: the anticipation

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

the anticipation

So, i have put down 185 dollars so far on my 870 and still owe another 200 which i'll have paid off in a month. The wait is killing me, i have no idea what i am going to do to stave off the desire to shoot my new shotgun untill i can get it in my greedy mitts. any suggestions so i dont go insane with desire?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    So, i have put down 185 dollars so far on my 870 and still owe another 200 which i'll have paid off in a month. The wait is killing me, i have no idea what i am going to do to stave off the desire to shoot my new shotgun untill i can get it in my greedy mitts. any suggestions so i dont go insane with desire?
    What model did you get Chris? What gun shop, I assume up in Indy somewhere?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Go get a video game about shootin', an FPS of whatever variety, you can learn lots about handlin' a wee-pon from a vidja-game ;P
    Well, perhaps not, but @least it's a fun way to sate the thirst, and rid the earth of a few more aliens/zombies/terrorists/socially demonized class :D
    Congrats btw, is it your first? I had to let go of my old Mossy 500 about a year ago, never should have sold it, ugh, had that puppy almost 20 yrs, was my first purchased gun, looking to replace it again & the prices are just shy of double what I paid back then.

Focus your efforts on collecting targets to destroy with it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Buy a box of shells everytime you go to the store. Then when you do pick it up you'll be ready to break that Remington in right.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Gun Bunny, I got the 870 Express model with the 7 round magazine from Beech Grove Firearms, and I might just end up buying a box of shells every week and a box of clay pigeons or three so i have plenty to shoot. And i am planning to get to the range twice this week on Monday, i am taking my Mom and Grandma to the range to teach them how to use firearms, and then Tuesday my security company is paying for me to do some training at Custom Cop Corporation in Acton Indiana. Not only paying for the course, but all the ammo, a new cleaning kit for my pistol, and they are going to pay me time and a half because it is extra scheduled training
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Gun Bunny, I got the 870 Express model with the 7 round magazine from Beech Grove Firearms, and I might just end up buying a box of shells every week and a box of clay pigeons or three so i have plenty to shoot. And i am planning to get to the range twice this week on Monday, i am taking my Mom and Grandma to the range to teach them how to use firearms, and then Tuesday my security company is paying for me to do some training at Custom Cop Corporation in Acton Indiana. Not only paying for the course, but all the ammo, a new cleaning kit for my pistol, and they are going to pay me time and a half because it is extra scheduled training
    Well, you can't beat that, can you? Have fun!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Just keep buying ammo. It goes fast----------------------
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Links