Nothing better than cleaning your Savage while listening to Savage!

This is a discussion on Nothing better than cleaning your Savage while listening to Savage! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is nothing, or nothing much, better than cleaning your Savage [rifle, not wild village child] while listening to Savage, i.e., Michael Savage's talk-radio show, ...

Thread: Nothing better than cleaning your Savage while listening to Savage!

Nothing better than cleaning your Savage while listening to Savage!

There is nothing, or nothing much, better than cleaning your Savage [rifle, not wild village child] while listening to Savage, i.e., Michael Savage's talk-radio show, like ya know. A sad but certain sign of late middle age: When you give up girls for guns and start to or still have more fun...even after buying bullets and spending some money, but still less than that you wasted and spent on the honeys. Especially if you now do your shooting while sober, without the debts, the regrets or the hangovers.

.223 caliber Savage GPX 10 rifle picture by OldColdWarrior2009 - Photobucket

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I will say this again. You Sir, are one strange dude. Did you get your 30-06 sighted in?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

The gun brother who owned that good-wood Remington 742 30-06, with Redfield scope, had it sighted in just about right and had taken real good care of it. However, my gun buddy and I being amateur new scope shooters, started messing with that Bushnell before I had started gripping and holding and aiming my new Savage .223 consistently. I do not want to get into this too much, but...I bought an adjustable front aiming stand to go with the rear bag that I already had. I also bought a big white plastic target and some instant-feedback green-glow incadescent ones. My Savage needs fine adjusting from the beginning, I guess and confess. No, I am not going to start recording and weighing and measuring loads or bullets! It is easier to talk, than it is that one hundred target yards to walk.

Links