Saiga 12 Fans

This is a discussion on Saiga 12 Fans within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello Folks, It's been a while since I posted last, apologies. Question about the Saiga 12 shotgun. I came across a guy that was selling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saiga 12 Fans

Saiga 12 Fans

Hello Folks,
    It's been a while since I posted last, apologies. Question about the Saiga 12 shotgun. I came across a guy that was selling his shotgun because he wanted to buy a handgun he had his eye on. I have been thinking about obtaining a 12 gauge but frankly, the only experience I have with shotguns was from weapons quals on board the ship. Which was a good while ago! But I had never even heard of the Saiga. I looked at the weapon and he has modified it up some from the stock piece he originally bought. It looks great but, Mossberg I know, Saiga's- not a clue!
    Any suggestions and or thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    They are the AK of shotguns. As reliable as any semi automatic can be. Mage are a bit expensive, but a great weapon.

I got a couple. Only one is converted so far.

They are fun and mean. Usually got to tinker with them if you're only going to run birdshot. Generally there's no problem with 00 buck. The going price don't seem too bad at the moment. Few years ago it was totally different.

Here's the sight you want to check out.... forum.Saiga-12.com

I have had mine just over a month (it is my second Saiga...the other being a .223) and it is great.

The durability and reliability of an AK in a shotgun caliber...
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    I have had mine just over a month (it is my second Saiga...the other being a .223) and it is great.
    Saiga's can be addicting huh?

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Saiga's can be addicting huh?
    Actually, I think it's just the fact that firearms in general are addicting. Saiga's don't seem to be an exception.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Love mine!

Love mine.

I have a Saiga 12, just added a Tapco front guard with rails, and put a light/laser combo on that with pressure switch. I also got a .308, absolutely love both Saigas.

I will say this one thing I ran into, Any high shoulder brass I shot extracted and fed just fine. The low shoulder brass I shot had a 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 FTE rate. The shell would just get caught in the action sideways. High shoulder brass fed flawlessly. I am told that I can adjust this, with the screw up in the front for the gas tube, just haven't read up on how to do it.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    My wife gave me one last year for my birthday, and I love it. I love the fact that it's based on the AK, and is magazine fed. I have 2 12 round magazines, and I have 2 20 round drum on order. It's a great gun.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Thanks for the replies! I went to the site suggested by "Zero", WOW!
    I also followed a couple of other links I saw. I didn't know that Saiga also made a .223
    I currently have a 7.62x39, now that's a nice piece for me. But I also liked the idea of a .223 because ammo is so readily available. Especially the brass! So, now I have another goal. The 12 gauge AND a .223!
    Again, thanks!

Yeah those .223's sound very appealing. I really thought that the .223 or .308 was going to be my next Saiga...but instead I ended up doing a 5.45, go figure. It's all good, gives me a chance to pick up a .223 or .308 in the future.

Have fun and do your homework well.

Thumbs up

I shot one with a 20 round drum a few months ago at another departments range. It was a loner from the distributor for T&E. We were using 00 Buck and slugs.
    The recoil was absorbed well by the weight and semi-auto AK action. I really liked it and though I am not giving up my 870, if a Saiga comes across my path with a price I can't refuse I may just snap it up. They are sweet.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I would love to try a S-12, think they would be awesome myself. I have the Saiga 5.45 and really would like to add a , well one of each caliber starting with the .223. Saiga's are addictive, of course like it has been said guns are addictive.

I love my S12. Converted it myself. Sold my 870.

The one problem is that they are either supposed to have 3 .090" gas ports or 4 .070" gas ports. Many guns (including mine) were made with 3 .070" gas ports and have reliability problems with light loads. I removed the gas block and simply drilled out the ports with a 3/32 (.093") bit and it's been 100% ever since.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Hi, my name is zacii, and I've been a Saiga addict for 1 week.

I know that there is no hope for my recovery, and that the addition of future Saigas is inevitable. I deny that I am in denial of my problem. Rather I embrace it, and have plans to infect others...

A word of warning, if you buy it; you will love it
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links