new stock for my mossberg 500

This is a discussion on new stock for my mossberg 500 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought my mossberg 500 with an ati m4 style pistol grip, and lately I've been discovering I really don't like it on the mossberg. ...

Thread: new stock for my mossberg 500

new stock for my mossberg 500

I bought my mossberg 500 with an ati m4 style pistol grip, and lately I've been discovering I really don't like it on the mossberg. It messes with the ergonomics, and most importantly, it makes sighting down the barrel really awkward cuz the stock is higher then a normal factory stock, so I'm always shooting high.

Anyway, I wanna get a new one, similar to the factory stock one so I won't be shooting high anymore, and I found this one. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/32560-1.html has anyone had experiences using it? Is it worth the money? I don't wanna have to buy another stock if this one doesn't work. If not, then does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

It is my personal belief that a pistol grip stock is all wrong for the Mossberg because of where the saftey is positioned and the cheek recoil. You might try the Hogue Overmolded Youth stock. I love it.
    "Surely the preservation and enjoyment of the freedoms vouchsafed to us by the Constitution of the United States will require eternal vigilance even to the guarding of it with our lives. We must ever keep faith with our founding fathers by keeping faith with our Constitution."

Pistol grips don't work well on Mossys, as r0rtiz mentioned, but it looks like you are on the right track looking for normal shotgun style stocks. I don't know about the speedfeed stocks, but you can get a factory stock from Mossberg for $45. http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/comm...ategory%3DSTOC And then you can always add a sidesaddle at a later point if you think you need more ammo.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member
    I agree, those pistol grips are hokey. Get an official MB stock.

You guys are right, I bought the mossberg stock which was the best deal I could find. Shame, if I woulda known then what I know now. Lol. I bought my first gun, the mossy for $400 with the pgrip cuz I liked it more and thought it was cool and more comfortable. For $20 less I coulda got the 590 with two more shells in the tube and a heat sheild or the two barrel combo for $130 less, great deal since the longer barrel alone costs $160. Oh well I guess, I just learned the hard way haha.

Speed Feed stock

I've got a beat up Mossberg 500 with a speed Feed stock that I picked up on an LE auction. It spent MANY hours riding around in a squad with very few rounds fired. It's ugly, but it goes "Bang" every time I want it to.
    I would recommend the Speed Feed stock to anyone looking for an after-market stock for an HD/SD shotgun.
    My HD shotgun is loaded with: Buckshot in the tube, buckshot in the Side Saddle, and slugs in the Speed Feed stock. Helps keep from confusing shells during a stress reload.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Shop around, CTD isn't always all that cheap anymore. And they'll really sock it to you on the shipping. Years ago they were great. I don't buy new items from them because there are better and cheaper places out there. They're still good for surplus items if you want it and can't find it anywhere else. Just my experience.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Links