Coulda died at the range today (Niagara Gun Range)

This is a discussion on Coulda died at the range today (Niagara Gun Range) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Guantes I love living where there are no "urban utes". What is a "urban utes" seems like code word to me....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Coulda died at the range today (Niagara Gun Range)

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I love living where there are no "urban utes".
    What is a "urban utes" seems like code word to me.
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerReady View Post
    What is a "urban utes" seems like code word to me.
    "utes" is My Cousin Vinny talk for "youths."
    Hoganbeg likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My public range is so controlled that it gets absurb at times. No holstered firearms allowed, no rapid fire, etc. They made me reassemble my field stripped Glock so it could be made "safe" (mag out, slide locked back, chamber empty). I guess having the barrel removed for swap out wasn't safe enough. But what occured in the OP wouldn't happen there without being promptly ejected. Renting AKs and ARs to a bunch of "utes" should have been a clue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    "utes" is My Cousin Vinny talk for "youths."
    The dry cleaner has the flew.

Do you think Bambi cares what clora pants the SOB who shot him are wearing?

Does that train come thru every moring at 4.30? No sir, it shoulda be coming thru at 4.00.

So many great lines.
    Jemsaal, blitzburgh and Sticks like this.

That is a good movie. A bit drawn out given the circumstances, but funneh as hell. OldVet, ya, that's a bit absurd. At the same time, I wish they had some semblance of control here... I could do whatever the hell I wanted and no one would be the wiser. Rapid fire..hell, I coulda had a full auto and no one woulda known the diff.

That is why I love the outdoor range near me. It is a family owned business and they must have like 10 people working there checking people out, offering tips, cleaning up the brass, etc.

When I go to a public range there are no problems as when I am at the PUBLIC range I am the RSO-- USMC trained and Retired

GM
    I like shooting, but I really dislike going to the range.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

It's amazing what you may see at a range. Good decision to get out before an idiot accidentally shoots you.

A lot of the private ranges around here have members that aren't idiots. Unfortunately, I haven't joined any yet, as I have a few more to look at, plus I still dont' have my pistol permit. You'd think a "public" range however would maybe anticipate untrained/non safety aware patrons and monitor for that type of thing. Anywho, I had a sight problem..or more specifically a gas block problem w/my AR that's now corrected. Gotta pick her up tomorrow, then figure out where to shoot it. Either inconvenience a friend and sit in a shitload of traffic to go to grand island, or go back to that range (which i'm thinking isn't an option).

Last time we went to an indoor range had a similar situation happen to us. Had been shooting for about 20 minutes when a couple "urban utes' walk into the shooting area. If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it, this guy had a 2'x4' target set up at 7 yards and empties this glock maybe 7-8 shots John wayne style. He didn't hit the target, the paper, nada. His friend did the same thing with the same results, I was speachless. I couldn't load my weapons and ammo fast enough and left. It's no fun shooting around people that just do't get it.

These stories make me so grateful for my little hokey back yard range
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Thanks to those in my defense and for the OP I was not directing anything at you.

The problem with text format in forums; there is no way to get the emotion or verbal direction across, not that its a big deal to me anyways. The whole emotion thing.

I was speaking to the general public not you in general.

I have seen many idiots in the military and some I have had the pleasure of tackling and putting in the back of a truck on the gun range just to have the Gunners Mates take them back to their units with a really bad report for their Chiefs. (Navy talk here).

A sailor actual shot another sailor on the range in the leg during a basic qualification shoot. The 9mm round hit the outside of this boot and took some leather with it but didnt make contact with any flesh. Needless to say after many hours of training and instruction this idiot decided to turn around and face the other shooters on the line with the 9mm baretta pointed at them. Then after we yelled to all high holy he got scared and jerked the trigger. We are just lucky that person didnt a land a round on someones torso or face.

I guess what I meant, not tooting any amount of horn that I dont have, was the fact that I was a firearms instructor at one point and simply put "it is in my blood".

You see alot of people on these forms yell at me constantly, why, I guess I am completely 100% insensitive. I really dont care about feelings. They are always in the way of rational thought and always cloud your ability to move and not hesitate in life.

The story above is when I was a basic fleet sailor before I got bored and went on to Coronado life.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    These stories make me so grateful for my little hokey back yard range
    My family owns about 75 acres in Alabazama. I dont shoot there often because my Grandmother, still alive, haha thankgod, she is a ultraliberal antigun antiamerica believes we came from monkeys and thinks that space is the only place left to save the human race from our own oil pollution. I love her to death dont get me wrong and NO I NEVER EVER wish this but when she does pass away, and she will, life is terminal after all, I am going to get the Deere out and plow up a good 250yard range with a backstop. My grandfather loves to shoot but has to put up with the lib commie wife of his whom he hates and loves at the same time.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Good thing you got out of there while you did! The range officers need a lesson in controlling their patrons.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links