Stainless Steel .357 Lever Action Carbine?

This is a discussion on Stainless Steel .357 Lever Action Carbine? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone make a .357 Stainless Steel Lever Action Carbine? Anyone here own one? Links? Thanks......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Does anyone make a .357 Stainless Steel Lever Action Carbine? Anyone here own one?

Links?

Thanks...
    For God, Family and Country!

OD*
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I believe that Marlin makes the 336SS in .357, or it might be the 1894. I'll have to search a bit.

Here's the 1894CSS in .357... http://www.ozarkguns.com/rifles/marl...boy_rifles.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I believe that Marlin makes the 336SS in .357.
    I don't think Marlin offers the 336 frame in handgun cartridges, do they?

I've got a Rossi, they call it something else, I cannot remember, but it is in 45 Colt, buddy has one in 44 Mag, and I know they make 357 Mag too. It's a Winchester 92 clone. 16 inche barrell, sweet handy little carbine. Fit and finish I would grade a B+. Accuracy is about a B too. Fun gun, but a little overpriced IMO.

Oh, and one other thing.....trawl the classifieds and GB. Often you can find one up for sale from someone getting out of Cowboy Action Shooting. Often, they have been "slicked" up a little too.

Yes, I am the happy owner of a Rossi Puma 16" stainless. I love it, it is the most fun gun I own. There are several manufacturers and distributers now. I suggest you check out www.leverguns.com. Lots of great info on all things lever action.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    I suggest you check out www.leverguns.com. Lots of great info on all things lever action.
    Especially the articles by Frank "Paco" Kelly and Jim Taylor.

I have a Marlin 1894C Blued version in .357 Magnum. Great all around rifle. I'm sure the stainless steel version is just as awesome.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Like this? Marlin 1894css. They will run you about $650 -$700 maybe little more depending on your area.

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Like this? Marlin 1894css. They will run you about $650 -$700 maybe little more depending on your area.

Now that is a great looking lever action rifle you've got there
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I agonized over it but chose a blued 1894C over a stainless version. The pics above are georgeous but in real life it seemed too bright and somehow out of place for a lever action. But if you're going to really carry it in the field a lot I suppose the stainless is the way to go. But somehow as much as I love stainless handguns, I just couldn't get over the look of a stainless lever. I will say that of all the lever action carbines out there, i think the Marlin 1894 in .357 is the best little rifle I've ever owned and shooting it with .38's makes you just grin!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gideon

Marlin obviously makes them, but personally.... I've never liked them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Does anyone make a .357 Stainless Steel Lever Action Carbine? Anyone here own one?
    Marlin (Remington) has made several over the years. Have shot several of them. Currently, I've got a 1894 CP in .357 (blued) with 16" barrel that shoots wonderfully well. They also make the 336 lever-action. .357 magnums have come and gone from the lines, for decades. There are many good gunsmiths around for Marlin and Winchester lever-action rifles, so don't be afraid of the used market if you don't see what you want in the current lines.

Winchester has started making a variety of lever-action rifles again, including their 1892 and 1894 lines, though with different models than previously offered before swapping over to the new "mother" company. If more interested in the prior lines, those can be found everywhere on the used market.

Legacy Sports imports the Puma series of lever-action rifles. I've got a 1892 "Puma" lever-action carbine in .357 magnum, stainless. The item I purchased isn't made in the current lineup, though you can find them on Gunbroker and elsewhere.

EMF used to sell the Hartfords lever-action rifles (made by Rossi), including in .357 and carbine. Rossi sold their 1892 lines to Taurus, but the Hartfords for EMF will no longer be made. So, it's limited to current stock, and what's on the used market.

Rossi makes a variety of lever-actions. I've got a 1892 in stainless. Mine is a .44mag, though it's also available in .357mag.

Uberti makes a few lever-actions, including some in .357 from time to time.

Taylor's & Co. makes their 1873 lever-action rifles, including carbines and .357's.

Cimmaron has their 1873 and 1892 lever-action rifles, including carbines and .357's.

Henry Repeating Rifle Co. also makes a range of lever-actions, including some in .357mag.

For a discussion group that's got lever-actions on the brain, check Leverguns.com. Over there, someone will be able to answer your questions, no matter what model of lever-action rifle you're talking about.

There are lots of interesting lever-action rifles out there, including all the used examples from prior decades. With the excitement around "cowboy" shooting, companies like Taylor's, Cimarron, Uberti, Rossi and others have gotten into the game.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I own the 1895GS which is a .45/70 govt. in stainless steel and I love it. It is very enjoyable to shoot. Lever action rifles are a great addition to any collection.

zoom_1895GS.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links