I am THIS close to buying a NEF Pardner Pump....but there are rail issues

This is a discussion on I am THIS close to buying a NEF Pardner Pump....but there are rail issues within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in a local Gander Mountain today and saw they were having a sale on their NEF Pardner Pump 12GA/18.5" shotgun. I have been ...

Thread: I am THIS close to buying a NEF Pardner Pump....but there are rail issues

I am THIS close to buying a NEF Pardner Pump....but there are rail issues

I was in a local Gander Mountain today and saw they were having a sale on their NEF Pardner Pump 12GA/18.5" shotgun. I have been looking at these guns for a long time, but just haven't had the extra cash to throw around on one. Well their sale price is $199 (which is probably the normal price everywhere else), and I have made a good acquaintance with a gentleman that works there who gave me $20 Gander Bucks to use. So overall the gun would be $179. I was THIS close to pulling the trigger but wanted to do a little research.

The main issueI found is the possibility of putting a picatinny rail on the NEF so I could mount an optic. The gun comes drilled and tapped for rails, but I have read that no one can find a rail to fit it. This would probably be a make or break for me on whether or not to buy this gun. Can anyone help me with this issue?
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Whew! I can't answer to the rail fit question except that the other H&R Shotguns have scope rails on them. Maybe one of those woudl fit?

Seeing as how you can get a brand new Remington Express 870 for under $250, my question is why?

There will be almost nothing made for the NEF shotgun. Nothing aftermarket that is unless it is a Remington copy. So, unless it is dressed out exactly the way you want it to be, you may want to reconsider.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Senior Moderator
    You could buy a blank picatinny rail off a ebay. They sell for anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks.

Then you could figure out your hole location and drill the rail to fit. You would want to drill a clearance hole for the screw and then you would need to counter bore the top of the whole for the head.

I've done a gazillion of them over the years. If you know some one with a milling machine or a good drill press they could do it. Any competant gunsmith should be able to do it fairly easy. Might cost you another 25 or 30 bucks, but it'd be worth it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the reply's, and unfortunately in my area the price on the 870 would be more around $300, plus rail etc. I paid $200 OTD for this NEF, and to be honest, I like the weight on this boulder. That should help with those 00 Buck and slugs she will be firing. Here's my set up.

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I have 2 pardner pumps an their absolutely worth every dime. Both have UTG rail mounts with 30mm optic red dot sites. I'll post a pic asap...Strong, reliable and well made is what these beast are
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Cant wait for your pics! I actually took this optic off and put on my Vortex Strikefire. The holosight actually sat a little to high. Ill post pics soon. I just got some pdx1 12ga rounds, cant wait to see how they feel.

i have a pardner pump as well. and i love it. i too would like to know what rails fit on it. if you cant find a rail only for it you may want to try the MESA TACTICAL side saddle rail mount. its kinda pricey but super sweet!!
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

Agreed very much with HG.

In todays market with as many suppliers of tac rails out there as there are, this problem should be easier to hurdle than jumping a low fence.
    As well aren't the NEF 'Pardner' guns based on the 870 format.
    I'd pickup a low cost and very much market plentiful870 pic rail and if the holes don't line up exactly then just turn the thing around and have a machinist drill it out for you as HG mentions.

For such a deal I would not allow this minor item to influence my buying decision.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links