Deer rifle, but useful for zombies?

This is a discussion on Deer rifle, but useful for zombies? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mrm Check out the new leverevolution ammo for the 30-30 and you will be plesently suprised with the ballistics that it allows ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Deer rifle, but useful for zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Check out the new leverevolution ammo for the 30-30 and you will be plesently suprised with the ballistics that it allows the rifle to hit, we even use them in Montana where the shots are 250 yards away.
    I agree, Hornady's leverevolution ammo brought new life to the 30-30. It about doubled it's useful range. The same can be said for it's .44 mag and 45/70 rounds
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

2. Remove Ads

A friend of mine owns a Marlin 336 30-30, and I loooove that rifle! Plus, hard to beat that price!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

VIP Member
    This is what you want.

Mine happens to be in 32 Win Spcl, but the 30-30 version is also very effective.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Was going to reccomend a enfield. (Got my first deer last year and man the 303 cartridge did the job great) But it is a tad recoil heavy. Can't go wrong with the 30-30. But i sense that you really want something for the home/zombie defense front.( I know the feeling)

If you want a semi auto, reliable, deer shootin, zombie blaster, check out http://www.classicarms.us/ Lots to choose from. I suggest the saiga near the bottom. You can get a 308 for 450 but its pretty heavy on recoil too. But if you go 7.62x39(similar to 30-30) you can get one for 339 and add the mount and scope that works for you. Also, you can do the old switcherooo later and convert it to true AK greatness later on for relatively small amount of cash.

Really if you are holded up in your house with zombies coming through the windows, which will you grab? The 6 shot deer rifle or the ak?(buy some 30rd mags or even a 75rd drum just in case and save the 10rd mags for the deer.) 7.62 is a heck of alot cheaper too! so you can have fun on the range and practice too.
    Attached Images
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links