ATN Night Vision Scopes

This is a discussion on ATN Night Vision Scopes within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm considering putting an ATN scope on my Flattop Varmint AR for Night Yote hunting. I'm only going to be doing this during the Octoberish-Novemberish ...

Thread: ATN Night Vision Scopes

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

ATN Night Vision Scopes

I'm considering putting an ATN scope on my Flattop Varmint AR for Night Yote hunting. I'm only going to be doing this during the Octoberish-Novemberish time frame so I don't want to invest in a 2k-4k scope. My budget is around $500. Anybody have any background with hunting yotes with the ATN scopes? I have the Laser Genertics ND-5 Flashlight this was my primary but i want this to be a backup. Plus since I don't have a mount for it, its a 2 person operation using the ND-5.

Interested in getting feedback on the Aries MK 350 or MK 390 or will go to the MK 410.

I know this doesn't fall into the tactical rifle catagory, but if I get some good feed back here and it works I promise I will mount it on an Mforgery first and post pics.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From the research I did a couple months ago I'd say save your money. If you can't afford at least a gen 2+ it's not worth it. Gen 1 and early gen 2 are crap.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Hello. I don't hunt yotes,but I do have an ATN 3-9x55LU mounted on my AR15 with a 16" barrel. At 200yrds I shoot 1" groups with it. If you want to save money you can get one of these from ATN for $150 plus shipping. Then you can mount you ND-5 to your scope. You should be able to find a mount for that anywhere. I myself, when I can get the money together want to get the PS-22-2 for night vision. Any how just a thought. Have fun

I have a ATN gen 1+ and while not great, it's OK. The Military used Gen 1 and 2 for many a year.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Senior Moderator
    Any night scope is better than none. While the Gen 1 suck by todays standards, they'll still do the job. Dont let the negatives keep you from buying one.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I just wanted to confirm that these ATN scopes are awesome. I carry all three of these scopes and they are great. The night vision optics are very good and perfect for what you want to do with them. I am a little unsure if I can tell you my site but will wait to here from you. You might have already found one. I would like to here your feed back if you have..

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I have an ATN Aries 330 gen I. Picked it up used for $200.. Is it a beast (size) YES. Will it light up the darkness and let me see who/what is lurking at 100 yds? YES . Do I need a gen III or IV ? NO. Would I like to have a gen III or IV ? Who wouldn't, But I can't justify that kind of cash expenditure for my application.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Links