Range report Ak74 with new P.ARMS Micro and ultimak

Range report Ak74 with new P.ARMS Micro and ultimak

This is a discussion on Range report Ak74 with new P.ARMS Micro and ultimak within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have one of the tgi truck gun ak74 and just recently bought a ultimak and gen 2 micro dot from Primary Arms. Paid under ...

Thread: Range report Ak74 with new P.ARMS Micro and ultimak

Thumbs up Range report Ak74 with new P.ARMS Micro and ultimak

I have one of the tgi truck gun ak74 and just recently bought a ultimak and gen 2 micro dot from Primary Arms. Paid under 160 for the bundle and it arrived in 2 days!

Ultimak was hard to install until i read the directions, then it was very easy

Took it out to the range and zeroed it at fifty yards. All it took was 3 small adjustments and it was zeroed. I was able to but 5 out of 5 in a quarter sized red sticky target at 25 yards. At fifty it was about the size an egg.

I was very impressed how this sight shrunk my group! I was already pretty happy with the accuracy but am now really warm and fuzzy.

The low profile of the ultimak and red dot almost allowed for co witness with the iron sites, until i realized that by raising the front post and back leaf, i could make it work great.

Here are some pics of the gun. Sorry about the color of the furniture. The can lid looked like desert tan, but came out marshmellow white! Stock is a forty dollar tapco that i like just fine. Mags are bulgarian as is the kit used to make the gun.

All in all i highly recommend this set up for anyone that wants to improve the eaze of accuraccy out of their ak.
    Attached Images
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Good to hear your set up works well.

I have a Gen 1 PA and Ultimak on my 5.45 saiga. It sure makes getting on target a lot faster. I'm thinking about putting similar set ups of the 7.62's.

The PA red dot is a value for the money (while saving for an Aimpoint).

I can not imagine a better way to run a AK then with an ultiamk and red dot. I run my 74 with a the ultimak and H1 and love it.

book marked

sweet! i will probably go with something like this! thanks for sharing

It certainly gets looks at the range. Had 3 dif people that owned ak ask me about my setup. The fact that i was getting good groups at fifty yards impressed them too. Now i just need a new handguard and grip and its about done. And a sling. And might as well hit up aim.com for some 1080 rd spam cans for 120 each! Man the expense really adds up!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Sponsored Links