Saiga 12 AKM Shotgun Video by I Carry IWB

This is a discussion on Saiga 12 AKM Shotgun Video by I Carry IWB within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSound.../0/S0W-KS6ZMN4 I just finished building my 922r compliant 12 gauge shotgun over the weekend. It runs great! I figured all you gun guys would want ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saiga 12 AKM Shotgun Video by I Carry IWB

Saiga 12 AKM Shotgun Video by I Carry IWB

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSound.../0/S0W-KS6ZMN4

I just finished building my 922r compliant 12 gauge shotgun over the weekend. It runs great! I figured all you gun guys would want to check out the 3 min. video my brother and I made (it's been edited so you'll only see action) of its maiden voyage. We ran a whole lot of 00 Buck and 1 oz. slugs through it. No light loads! This gun is made for zombies! Have fun watching. Take care.

2. Remove Ads

Cool video....the S12's are indeed fun.

Good to see it is running fine.

Familiar bruise.

Ex Member
    That is at the top of my VERY short list of new toys.

Thanks, zero.

1 old 0311: I hope the video serves as inspiration for you to make your purchase.

VIP Member
    Details man details. What all did you do for the build? Where did you get it and so on?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Holy toledo, I just wrote the longest reply ever, and it didn't post. I'm real sorry about that tacman. I spent about 25 minutes on that response. I'll have to make time tomorrow or something to get back to you.

VIP Member
    LOL not a problem it does that to me to.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Great gun, looked like a lot of fun. Where was the "Range Officer"? My ears are getting older, but you should have moved away from the sign that clearly stated "No Rapid Fire".
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Super reliable AK platform with 00 and 12G slugs......that is a zombies worst nightmare!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Great gun, looked like a lot of fun. Where was the "Range Officer"? My ears are getting older, but you should have moved away from the sign that clearly stated "No Rapid Fire".

He was in his trailer listening to the radio. There really is no range officer to speak of. He just runs the register. It's an old place that has changed ownership. The rate of fire signs have stayed up, but aren't enforced. "Rapid fire" is a subjective term to a degree as well. I just wish the fellow who runs it these days would empty the trash cans from time to time, instead of letting them overflow for weeks on end. When he does empty them, the bags just go into a huge pile behind his trailer. Using his riding mower for actually mowing, instead of as a method of transportation around the range, would be a big improvement as well. The berms need to be built back up too, and the target stands need backing material. The other range in town (the nice one) charges $10/hr. They keep it up very well, but it's too expensive to use on a regular basis for a full afternoon of shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Super reliable AK platform with 00 and 12G slugs......that is a zombies worst nightmare!
    Yes sir, people whine about the reliability of the S12 with standard field loads - but with combat loads it cycles without a flaw. This S12's gas system is meant for high brass shells. It can be modified to reliably feed birdshot, but why would I want that? Like you said, zombie's worst nightmare! Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Pretty cool. You make me want a Saiga 12 to go with my 7.62...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I love my S12...and agree with Pirate on what to feed it...
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

zacii: Yes sir, it would be a good pair. I have a Saiga 7.62x39mm as well. The Saiga made AKs are the best you can get on the market. Arsenal is good as well (but they are Saiga made in the end as well).

PaxMentis: You got it, man. These are combat shotguns, meant to be used with combat loads.

My buddy brought his along a couple weeks ago…

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links