Defensive Carry banner

I found a used Wingmaster UPDATED, pics added!

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Old School 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Recently, I posted a thread asking for opinions on either an 18" or 20" barrel for my 870 Express, to make it more useful for HD. Y'know, that 28" barrel isn't all that great moving through doorways, etc :rolleyes:

Anyway, I snuck into my LGS and they had a used Wingmaster, 18" barrel, 2-3/4" receiver, fixed cylinder choke and a bead sight for $199.

It was dirty beyond belief. I don't thing that the thing was ever cleaned, but I couldn't see any rust. Just a lot of gum and gunk and whatnot. It didn't have an extended tube, but I don't care.

So, I was contemplating the purchase of a new barrel; $120 for the 18" and about $159 for the 20", but for a little more I could have a dedicated HD shotgun, and leave my Express alone for hunting.

It only accepts 2-3/4" shells, but I haven't had any desire to ever shoot anything else. I have read some opinions and reports on the various data between the standard and magnum shells, and I don't see that ever being an issue for me.

Soooo, do ya think it's worth the money? Are there specific things that I should look for on it, so I don't get hosed? If I do go back and seriously consider it, I'll have them take the barrel off so I can inspect it a little closer.

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a great idea. I have thought about doing that very thing.

#8 ·
If it's functionally sound, jump on it. Why not? Then you'll have the Wingmaster and the Express as backup.

#9 ·
I grabbed it today. I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

I'm not going to lie; I'm pretty excited about it :wave:

#10 ·
Okay, here it is:

I'm just lovin' the old school wood & steel. I like a gun with character, and this one looks like it's got some of that :image035:

I've got to find a way to haul a light and some extra ammo on it, without giving up it's character. I don't want to change the wood or put a mag extension on it. Wanna keep it as original as possible :yup:

It joins my AK as the welcoming committee :wink:

Wood Shotgun Hardwood
Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Gun Shotgun Wood

#11 ·
You did good. Congrats! I too, own an old Wingmaster and I love it.

#12 ·
Wow mega jealous. I should call the cops and tell them what you paid. They'll charge you for thieving. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.