Went to LGS for a plug, walked out with a shotgun.

This is a discussion on Went to LGS for a plug, walked out with a shotgun. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some friends are taking me on my first Pheasant hunt next weekend so I was trying to get my shotgun ready for the woods. I ...

Thread: Went to LGS for a plug, walked out with a shotgun.

Some friends are taking me on my first Pheasant hunt next weekend so I was trying to get my shotgun ready for the woods. I have a Remington 870 Express Police Tactical 18" with an extended magazine. I figured I would probably need to make my own plug to work with the extended magazine on the 870 tactical, but it was enough of an excuse to at least justify a trip to the LGS.

I ended up leaving with a very slightly used Remington 870 Express Magnum combo that came with a 28" smooth bore, and a 20" rifled slug barrel for just under $320 OTD. I have had my eye on these combos ever since I bought my 870 tactical. I think the previous owner must have bought it for a hunting season and then sold it back. A detailed cleaning revealed no evidence of wear on the receiver or the trigger group but I could see some signs of use on both barrels. After a good cleaning it looks brand new. I am going to try to get it to the range sometime this week for a final function check and then use it to bring home some supper next week.

I have always loved the versatility a shotgun provides, and now I feel like I have all the bases covered. I love my 18" with Knoxx stock for home defense, but it draws some odd looks at the sporting clay range.

Nice. My 870 Express has been my favorite since I bought it over 12 years ago.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sponsored Links