Defensive Carry banner

AR/AK

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BlueNinjaGo 
#1 ·
I recently came into a little bit of money and I was wondering is it possible to get a decent AR-15 or AK-47 for around 450 bucks?

#3 ·
I'm not sure you are going to find an AR for that price, unless, you find a snag, but for AK's: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CAKGPWASR&groupid=11 I have a WASR, it works just fine fo my purposes, a Yugo M-70 underfolder might also still be in your price range.

Keep your eye open for a good deal on a decent SKS too, as they tend to be pretty good rifles, and a little less than AK's.

Another option for you: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411542029

Or take a look at the Saiga in your caliber of choice.

#7 ·
Chris go to CMMG website. These are the folks who make a lot of quality parts for all sorts of AR manufactures and .22 conversions for AR's. They have what are called bargain basement AR's. They are demo models functionally great but used on outside. They run like $549.
They are major brand rifles that they used but are great for a starter rifle. You may get an Armalite, Bushy, RRA they have all types.

The deal on here for the WASP is a good one. An AK will never let you down. The seller addressed the issues the WASP rifles have sometimes with canted sights and says it has none and with the mags it is a good deal.

#8 ·
There are other choices for a 'perimeter' gun...
A Marlin '30-30 would work, a Henry .22 mag would also work...in fact, you could buy both of them for less than the cost of an 'evil black rifle'.
In a breakdown of society, how many people are you worried about at hundreds of yards away?

#9 ·
just to clarify, this gun is not intended for a perimeter gun or anything like that, i found an AK at my local gun store for 475 that I am putting on layaway, I went ahead and bought a Droid X phone yesturday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.