Bought a shotgun for Christmas!

This is a discussion on Bought a shotgun for Christmas! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a Mossberg 590A1 SPX 20" barrel 12 gauge shotgun that comes with Ghost Ring sights, picatiny rail and a bayonet as my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a shotgun for Christmas!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar

I just bought a Mossberg 590A1 SPX 20" barrel 12 gauge shotgun that comes with Ghost Ring sights, picatiny rail and a bayonet as my own Christmas present. I also just ordered a Tac-Star 6 shell side saddle, an Allen Company buttstock 5 shell holder, a Surefire 623 LFG tactical 80-lumen light forend and a Plano HS shotgun case. Don't you just love Christmas??? The best of all is that I was able to buy it all with a tax refund I got from the Government.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Nice! I wish I had one to go with my M&P's! I'm afraid all I get for Christmas is a pile of ammo and a trip to the country to go shoot my old beleaguered 500, but I sure am looking forward to that!

There is some of the most giving generous guys here on DC forum. Its so nice to give all ourselves a Christmas gun. I gave myself a new Henry .22 rifle. How nice of me. I love that shot gun. If you dont mind how much will that gun cost?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I did not give my self a gun but it did pick up at Barnett Quad 400 crossbow for my gift to my self.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Administrator
    Nice shotgun, they are tough. I bought myself a CZ452, and my boy a 10/22 to be built into something special. Santa's workshop needs to get crankin, only a few more days left.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Very nice indeed! I have a Mossberg 500 Persuader and love it.... I've set mine up with the pistol grip and the 6 round side saddle and that's it. I'm probably gonna get another and set it up for serious HD application similar to what you have. Mossberg rocks for the dollars spent. I think the Remingtons have a few more accessories available, but I like the ergonomics on the Mossberg over the Remingtions.

Congrats on the new shotgun.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Evil black gun me likey!!

Nice shotgun, I have always been an 870, Bps fan but I hear great things about the Mossbergs for defense especially. Where is the slide release on that one?
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    There is some of the most giving generous guys here on DC forum. Its so nice to give all ourselves a Christmas gun. I gave myself a new Henry .22 rifle. How nice of me. I love that shot gun. If you dont mind how much will that gun cost?
    I live in Costa Rica so firearms are WAY more expensive than in the United States, so I paid $1,050 for my Mossberg 590A1. I think other forum members here can give you better info than I with regards to the prices of Mossberg shotguns in the US. I chose the Mossberg 590A1 because the ergonomics and controls are better (slide release behind trigger guard and safety on top) and also passing the Mil-Specs was a huge plus for me. I highly respect the US military so if the Mossberg 590A1 is good for them in battle, it must be FANTASTIC for me for home defense. Nonetheless, in my choices were also the Remington 870 and the Benelli Nova shotguns. I think of all the Benelli is the sexiest, but I ended up going after ruggedness and reliability. Plus, I believe the best shotguns in the World are made in America with Italy a close second.

My next purchase will be an AR-15. Get ready for this....in Costa Rica they are worth $4,000!!!! Yes, that is right...4 big ones! They are very expensive because the Department of the State in the US rarely authorize the export of such rifles to other countries and once in Costa Rica they are heavily taxed. Also, we cannot import AR-15 parts so I cannot build myself one for cheap. Sometimes I wish I lived in the US to have a HUGE safe with tons of firearms, but then I just look at the beautiful scenery and feel the great warm weather here in Costa Rica and it all just quickly fades away. I did live in Texas for 5 years while I attended college and I was invited several times hunting, skeet shooting and just goofing around with all kinds of firearms. Those Texans sure enjoy their firearms!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    Nice shotgun, I have always been an 870, Bps fan but I hear great things about the Mossbergs for defense especially. Where is the slide release on that one?
    The slide release is right behind the trigger guard on the left side so one can press the slide release with your thumb without adjusting your grip. That plus the safety on the top was a huge plus for me over the Remington and the Benelli. Nonetheless, if you buy a Mossberg, Remington or Benelli you have one of the best shotties in the World in your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I live in Costa Rica so firearms are WAY more expensive than in the United States, so I paid $1,050 for my Mossberg 590A1. I think other forum members here can give you better info than I with regards to the prices of Mossberg shotguns in the US. I chose the Mossberg 590A1 because the ergonomics and controls

OMG! thats incredible.

I gave just over $200 form my 500 a while back...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    OMG! thats incredible.

I gave just over $200 form my 500 a while back...
    I know, firearms here are EXPENSIVE! A Glock is $1,200, an HK is $2,000, a Kimber $2,500, shotguns are $900 - $2,000 depending on the model and AR-15's are $4,000 or more. Most people here are buying weapons made by Bersa, S&W, Hatsan (Turkey), Tizas and Sarsilmaz (Turkey), CZ (Czech Republic) and Taurus because they are cheaper. I prefer to stick with the big names (Sig Sauer, Glock, HK, S&W, Mossberg, Remington, Walther, etc.) for reliability.

Do you guys think I should install an adjustable stock with pistol grip and recoil pad on my Mossberg? I would really like a pistol grip stock on my Mossberg to have a better grip on the shotgun and the new stock would help with recoil reduction, but the only problem is that I would have to adjust my grip to operate the safety. Has anyone here installed a pistol grip on their Mossberg?

Nice looking shotgun!
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Do you guys think I should install an adjustable stock with pistol grip and recoil pad on my Mossberg? I would really like a pistol grip stock on my Mossberg to have a better grip on the shotgun and the new stock would help with recoil reduction, but the only problem is that I would have to adjust my grip to operate the safety. Has anyone here installed a pistol grip on their Mossberg?
    I would..... I'm gonna pick another M500 and add the adjustable stock with the pistol grip to it. It'll lighten it up a tad and still give ya the recoil management you'll need. I have the pistol grip only on mine now, but mainly cause it rides in my trunk most of the time.

Again, nice looking shotgun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links