Romanian WASR-10 AK-47

This is a discussion on Romanian WASR-10 AK-47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tomorrow is the big day, I get to go to the gunshop and bring home my shiny new AK-47 rifle. any suggestions on where to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romanian WASR-10 AK-47

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Romanian WASR-10 AK-47

Tomorrow is the big day, I get to go to the gunshop and bring home my shiny new AK-47 rifle. any suggestions on where to order ammo in bulk and magazines?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Classic Arms. http://www.classicarms.us/
    Good people to deal with.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

http://www.aimsurplus.com/

You could actually probably drive there and save on shipping, its maybe 30-35 minutes N of downtown Cincinnati.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have been getting my 7.62X39 ammo from Sportsman Guide as a member of the buyers club. With specials Etc I just purchase 1000 rds of Brown Bear, Non-corrosive, 124 Gr soft point ammo delivered to my door for $176.00

RKM
    NICE!

I'm a new AK owner myself! Just shot my WASR 10/63 for the first time yesterday. Ran smooth with out any issue. It's a blast to shoot and I used up all the ammo I had for it. Unfortunately, I choose to save $100 and got the 10 round single stack version, knowing I could (for free and myself) hog out the magwell to accept normal mags. But for now, 10 rounds will do. I feel obsessed suddenly, picking out a new stock for it and want to upgrade the rear sight to a peep sight. Shooting it back to back with my M&P15, the AR is clearly a superior weapon, IMO, but there is something about the rawness of the AK that's just awesome.

It's like comparing a Nissan GTR (technical like the AR) to a GT500 Cobra (raw, and plain nasty like the AK). They're worlds apart in just about everything they do, yet they're both awesome, and both get the job done.

Have fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I have been getting my 7.62X39 ammo from Sportsman Guide as a member of the buyers club. With specials Etc I just purchase 1000 rds of Brown Bear, Non-corrosive, 124 Gr soft point ammo delivered to my door for $176.00
    I have some of that and S&B soft point. Both seem to be quite satisfactory. The only thing I consider better is Chinese nonpenetrator.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    It has been said the AR is a prom queen and the AK is a biker chick. Treat them both accordingly.

Good luck with your rifle.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I also go with sportsmansguide.com. I like the Wolf HP ammo in my AK. It's fairly accurate and it actually feels like it has a decent charge in there; I know it kicked harder than the Federal American Eagle I put through the AK one day.

On top of what the others have said....ammoman.com and J&G Sales. At ammoman shipping is included and he runs sales from time to time. J&G has good sales as well...just got to check shipping charges.

Congrats on your AK.

ok, update, due to credit card fail, i was not able to get my AK, tomorrow I will have cash as my Sigma is being bought from me by my boss. In the meantime i bought 140 rounds for 44 dollars, ad 2 spare mags for 30. I should be good to go now
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    AIM usually has the best prices and great service.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

You can do much better on the price of ammo than .32 a round (unless it is something special). Average seems to be .20 to .25 a round but you will need a credit card to order cases online.

It's definitely good you got some...140 rounds won't last long (one outing).

As pirate mentioned AIM has great prices too. They had a real good deal on Golden Tiger not too long ago, delivered to my door for .20 a round. If you're in Indy they shouldn't be that far away from you in Middletown, OH.

Enjoy your AK when you get it.

got my new AK today, still needs cleaning but it seems like on the first round of every mag, its jamming up, solution? carry minus 1 round in each mag, i also have yet to clean it so i think when its clean and free of packing grease, it might work better, so far a boot heel to the charging handle works well for clearing jams

RKM
    My WASR so far has only jammed up with snap-caps. The extractor lip on the snap caps don't accurately simulate the real rounds, the bolt and extractor slams shut on the round and the bolt jams up . It runs flawlessly with real ammo.

beauty

problem solved, it was the mag, will be sanding the feed lip down to make it easier to feed, cleaned her up and now she looks amazing, see for yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links