Giving Sight to the Blind Man...Yes, Firearms Related

This is a discussion on Giving Sight to the Blind Man...Yes, Firearms Related within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well not exactly blind but wearing corrective lenses for poor distance. The problem has been that while the target is clear when wearing my corrective ...

Thread: Giving Sight to the Blind Man...Yes, Firearms Related

Giving Sight to the Blind Man...Yes, Firearms Related

Well not exactly blind but wearing corrective lenses for poor distance. The problem has been that while the target is clear when wearing my corrective lenses the peep sight and post on my CX-4 is somewhat blurry. I still managed decent accuracy at 100 yards but was looking for improvement.

I found it in a Eotech 512 mounted and taken out to the range for the first time yesterday. Target and reticle on the target are crystal clear making for better accuracy, a higher level of confidence in taking the shot and boosting my confidence that I can accurate make shots even further out without the use of magnification.

I know this isn't new technology but now I've had a chance to see just how helpful it is for those with sight issues related to wearing corrective lenses.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    My father has trifocals. He has a hard time shooting his G19, as he has to use different "focals" to find the target, and then focus on the front sight, which in turn makes his shooting stance awkward. But despite this, he still manages pretty decent accuracy out to 25 yards. He got a laser to help out, and it does. He's only tried to shoot my AR with an Eotech at 100 yards and had trouble. Not sure if it was sight related or just being new to a rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    My father has trifocals. He has a hard time shooting his G19, as he has to use different "focals" to find the target, and then focus on the front sight, which in turn makes his shooting stance awkward. But despite this, he still manages pretty decent accuracy out to 25 yards. He got a laser to help out, and it does. He's only tried to shoot my AR with an Eotech at 100 yards and had trouble. Not sure if it was sight related or just being new to a rifle.
    Make sure he is using the portion of the lenses he needs for distance when he is looking though the Eotech sight. The sight reticle will be in focus IF he is using the portion of the lenses need for distance correction as he is looking through the sight. If he is using the portion of the lenses needed for mid-range or near the reticle will be blurred. There is no need to make the adjustments he is use to when using the Eotech. Use the lenses on both eyes as need for distance correction and everything becomes clear.

I have the same problem he has with standard sights when shooting my G19 or G27. While the sights are somewhat blurred I can still line them up sufficiently to be accurate at 25 yards. Beyond that regular pistol sights become less and less useful.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Links