The birth of my Rifle Dynamics M4

This is a discussion on The birth of my Rifle Dynamics M4 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few days ago I was informed I was a proud father again with the birth announcement of my M4 that is being built by ...

Thread: The birth of my Rifle Dynamics M4

VIP Member

The birth of my Rifle Dynamics M4

A few days ago I was informed I was a proud father again with the birth announcement of my M4 that is being built by Rifle Dynamics in Las Vegas.

Right now it is just the stripped RD lower and a fail zero complete EXO upper which is coated in Nickel Boron so the rifle requires no lube and very little in the way of maintenance. The lower will also include a Fail Zero hammer.

When complete it will have a 14.5 inch barrel with a PA flash hider, a Knight rifle length rail system that also acts as the barrel nut locking in the entire rail. It will be covering a carbine length gas system which covers and protects the entire gas block.
    I am using a Magpul CTR stock and Knight BUIS on the rear and with the knight rail the front sight is built into the front of the rail. I wont get it for a bit but when finished it will make the trip to the S.H.O.T. show for display with the AK cousin they are also building. Another rifle built by RD just completed firing in excess of 5000 rounds without a cleaning or stoppages.

When finished it will look something like this with a different finish.

Will post pics as I get them.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

A new birth is always exciting.
    I am curious as to your opinion on an M4 length barrel reducing the versatility of the weapon.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    It is kind of a trade off. To me less than 14.5 and you start to lose to much velocity and gain the fireball that is already there. The gain is that the shorter barrels are stiffer and can really make one of the SBR accurate.
    The 14.5 is the best of both worlds to me.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Very very nice. I have an SBR and SBS on my "gun bucket list"
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I alternate between a Burris Red Dot and a Burris 3X9 scope on my Stag M-4. The range I shoot on has only a 100 yard rifle lane so I really can't get all the rifle is capable of out of it but with 75 grain Hornady TAP and the scope it is sub 1" on a good day and 1 1/2" on the average. The red dot is 4"-5" at that distance. A better shooter then me could improve on that I am sure. It is a compromise from the 20" barrel fixed stock rifles but I have have been thinking of getting a 6.8 upper for a little more pop.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Now keep in mind this will not be an SBR. The barrel will be 14.5 but with the permanently attached flash hider it will be 16.1 overall so no need to register.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Now keep in mind this will not be an SBR. The barrel will be 14.5 but with the permanently attached flash hider it will be 16.1 overall so no need to register.
    I'm accepting late Christmas presents if you want to order two. :)
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Very Nice! You will be pleased with the work from Jim and the Rifle Dynamics crew. I have an AK and a FAL made by Jim and both are top quality weapons.

VIP Member
    OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh. Tell me of the FN. I have a L1A1 that is near and dear with an original S.U.I.T. optic. Would love a good training gun built on that platform.

Sweeeeeeeet! Is the upper going to remain that silver color, with the nickel boron? Or does it get a finish over that?

VIP Member
    The whole rifle with be a tan/fde with black furniture

Links