Kel Tec is planning a new shotgun design. The KSG.

This is a discussion on Kel Tec is planning a new shotgun design. The KSG. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by paul34 I wonder how long it'll be until Ruger announces their copy. You mean the new and improved version....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kel Tec is planning a new shotgun design. The KSG.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I wonder how long it'll be until Ruger announces their copy.

You mean the new and improved version.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I apologize if this has already been stated, I did not read through all the posts, just wanted to share my info.

I cam across this video
    http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/20/kel-te...shotgun-video/
    Showing that the trigger needs to be reset after each shot. To some this may or may not be an issue but I contacted KT about it they confirmed that this will be remedied and fixed before its released. In the comments of that video, severla people reference that KT will have a LEO model which will slamfire (no reset) and a Civilian model which will reset. I asked the KT rep about this and they were not familiar with any LEO model. The seemed to indicate there would be no reset and there would be only one released model. Who knows if this is the truth or not, just thought I would share!

I personally would love for this thing to be slamfire, that would be a lotta fun!!!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    Video from the photo shoot Friday...I'm even more ticked off that I wasn't there now. It shows the functionality of the selector, etc. Looks like with some time behind the trigger you could get pretty quick with it.

http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/965059.html
    Why did that officer in the video suffer a malfunction? He lost several valuable seconds clearing the gun.

The gun looks extremely awkward to shoot, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnsXD View Post
    I'm still undecided too.

For pretty much the same money I already have a Saiga 12 that's been converted but the compact size of the KSG is really neat!
    Keep your Saiga. This shotgun offers no where close to the performance that the Saiga 12 has. Just look at how fast this fellow below is able to fire 10 rounds from a Saiga. And look at how much milder the gun's recoil is, compared to the Kel-Tec:

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Keep your Saiga. This shotgun offers no where close to the performance that the Saiga 12 has. Just look at how fast this fellow below is able to fire 10 rounds from a Saiga. And look at how much milder the gun's recoil is, compared to the Kel-Tec:
    That's the first time I've actually taken a look at the Saiga. Pretty cool!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Kel-Tec's new tactical carbine looks like it is going to be a fun gun to shoot:

You can't compare a semi-auto to a pump.
    Of course the semi-auto is going to be 'faster' AND recoil 'softer'. It's a semi-auto.
    Cantalopes and pumpkins.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post

This is a cool video, and it does show that the recoil looks pretty low. However, I seriously doubt he was putting Buck or Slugs down range, and it also doesn't show if he was hitting what he's shooting at. I see guys at our local range doing rapid fire all the time, but they're not even getting on the paper after 1 or 2 rounds. Anybody can pull a trigger 10 times as fast as their brain will let them. Just my $0.10

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    You can't compare a semi-auto to a pump.
    Of course the semi-auto is going to be 'faster' AND recoil 'softer'. It's a semi-auto.
    Cantalopes and pumpkins.
    I agree. There is no comparison. Pump guns are simply inferior in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    This is a cool video, and it does show that the recoil looks pretty low. However, I seriously doubt he was putting Buck or Slugs down range, and it also doesn't show if he was hitting what he's shooting at. I see guys at our local range doing rapid fire all the time, but they're not even getting on the paper after 1 or 2 rounds. Anybody can pull a trigger 10 times as fast as their brain will let them. Just my $0.10
    Here are some Saiga Conversions in Action that are even faster:

Of course, it's a little hard to fire from the prone position (or over/around cover) with a magazine protruding that far out the bottom of your Saiga shotty...
    Last edited by 10thmtn; February 2nd, 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: clarity
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I met with the Kel-Tec engineers at SHOT and voiced some suggestions for making their blaster better. Hopefully they will listen....it looked like a great weapon.

The Neostead shotgun seems smoother than the KT. I like smooth. The rails just have too many places to snag and getting hung up on stuff.
    Attached Images
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I just saw a preorder for the KSG on a gunsite and IIRC it was over 700.00,I'll wait til the prices drop and people start reviewing theirs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    This is all assuming they produce enough of them anywhere near the demand. It seems they have a production problem recently. Their RFB (Rifle Forward-eject Bullpup) was introduced back in 2007 and the carbine model is rarely available. The target model has never been produced.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links