Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to 300...

This is a discussion on Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to 300... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The following arrived in my e-mail inbox at work just seconds ago: Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to ...

Thread: Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to 300...

Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to 300...

The following arrived in my e-mail inbox at work just seconds ago:

Now available for the first time, SIG516 upper receiver kit. Hurry, limited to 300 orders.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    As much as I love Sig and would love to snatch one of these up, $950 seems a bit steep for just the upper, and what's up with that barrel profile?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

and what exactly does this do for you? besides having another upper?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    It gives you a Sig piston upper. They are well known, "tried and true" systems (assuming it is the same short stroke piston design that Sig has been doing so well for so long.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I can't justify the price for the level of use my rifle sees
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    It gives you a Sig piston upper. They are well known, "tried and true" systems (assuming it is the same short stroke piston design that Sig has been doing so well for so long.)
    The 55x series are long stroke pistons, and share nothing in common with sig's knock off piston AR.

Links