Finally....870 time YAY

This is a discussion on Finally....870 time YAY within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I had been wanting an 870 for awhile for the HD weapon. Money just never was there for it. Plus who shouldnt have an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally....870 time YAY

Finally....870 time YAY

So I had been wanting an 870 for awhile for the HD weapon. Money just never was there for it. Plus who shouldnt have an 870? The wife was on board but once again $$$. Due to some Christmas gifts and an expense check from work, I now have the money. Would like a simple 870 with an 18 in barrel. Would prefer wood but know that will drive up the price. Synthetic will suffice. Who out there has the best prices? Help a brother out.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I got mine off GB. You also might want to check Buds then look local for a comparison.

I had mine ordered local on Oct. 2nd. I checked on it 3 times. Each time they said they would check and get back with me. They never got back with me, so I found one. I still havn't heard from them.

My favorite gun store in Columbus, Ohio, has the HD model (18.5", 7 shot, black synthetic furniture) for $300, I can give you their website if you want.

If I was you, I would be keeping an eye out for some police trade in 870P's, I know I have seen some before, with wood, for around the same price.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Police trade ins are usually the best deals for modded wingmasters or P models. Every so often you can find a new P, I'd check Bud's first.
    "Just blame Sixto"

We have a local sale paper, Iwanna, that I found my last one in. It's like a yard sale on paper.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yeah I ultimately would like a P model or a modded wingmaster. I missed out on a great one on GB by minutes. But if one doesnt pop up Ill just buy an Express.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I've seen some great prices on Cheaperthandirt - they sell guns now.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I saw a nice deer combo at wal-mart for $400. It came with two barrels, I assume the other barrel was for bird shooting of some sort.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Gun Broker, Bud's or Gallery of Guns online or also try to find a local gun store that has used models or police trade ins. I think that finding a used and cheap Remington 870 will be very simple.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

One of the bigger shops in Columbus was running a special on them for 239 at one point, but I missed it.

spend a littl time reading on this site.
    http://www.aiptactical.com/About.php

shotty 870.jpg

Well I did it. I looked for a great deal on an old wingmaster or P model, with no luck, so I bidded on and won this beauty. Not as great of a price I have seen, but not the worst.

Distinguished Member
    Very nice, it looks like you have a 7 + 1 tube.

Are you going to add a light or anything else to it ?

That should get the job done. I have a similar one, however, on mine the mag extension doesn't stick out past the barrel like that. I think it might not be screwed on all the way on yours, just something to check.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Cool

That is all you need right there sir. Congrats on the new shottie. My 870 is a 1974 Wingmaster that I had brushed nickled when I moved down to Florida. Poly Choke and Pro Port helps to keep the muzzle down on full loads but I have been using the reduced recoil rounds that my department uses for a few years now and recoil is very manageable. I like a side saddle for extra rounds and a tactical sling that allows the weapon to stay on my body but both hands to be free to do other things.

P26093812.jpgP26094308.jpg

Yeah I know sunglasses required due to reflection in daylight but when I went into those dim lit cut and shoot bars in the 70's and 80's and racked a round it got everyone's attention very quickly. Those days are long gone though and yeah I do miss them some.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links