Another New Passenger on the Spikes Bandwagon...

This is a discussion on Another New Passenger on the Spikes Bandwagon... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I ordered this rifle back in the middle of November, and it finally arrived on Christmas Eve at the LGS. Maryland, being as awesome ...

Thread: Another New Passenger on the Spikes Bandwagon...

Another New Passenger on the Spikes Bandwagon...

So I ordered this rifle back in the middle of November, and it finally arrived on Christmas Eve at the LGS. Maryland, being as awesome as it is, imposes a waiting period on such "assault weapons", so I finally got it in my hands last night. Since it took them so long to send it, they apparently included the hard case as well for free. Nice! I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow to zero it in with the 75 gr TAP I bought just for it. Below is the Spikes M4 with its Colt big brother and the case they included, provided in high-resolution camera phone quality....

rifles 018.jpg

2. Remove Ads

jon
    Nice rifle!
    Which model?
    Any special add-ons?
    Plans for the future, or KISS rifle?

It's the ST-15 M4 carbine, the basic $800 model. I have to go to Iraq in a couple months; I'll probably hold off on any mods until I get back at the end of the year. When I get back I'll probably replace the sight with a red dot of some sort, new handguards and an ergonomic forward grip. For now though, just sight it in and leave it stock.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    It's the ST-15 M4 carbine, the basic $800 model. I have to go to Iraq in a couple months; I'll probably hold off on any mods until I get back at the end of the year. When I get back I'll probably replace the sight with a red dot of some sort, new handguards and an ergonomic forward grip. For now though, just sight it in and leave it stock.
    Too bad you can't take it with you for some real-world practice. Yes, I'm kidding so please...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I'm jealous, congrats! Thank-you for your service. Stay safe over there.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Congrats on the nice rifle. I have a feeling the next AR here will be a Spikes...just keep reading great stuff about them and the price is nice.

Thank-you for your service. Stay safe over there.
    +1

Very nice, congrats! I'm already thinking of another.

Couldn't zero it at all today. I couldn't even get the rounds on paper. I brought another rifle along and shot that to make sure it wasn't me; the other one hit the target just fine. Unfortunately I was alone there so I couldn't tell where the bullets were hitting to make any adjustments. I started at 50 yards, then moved it into 25 yards. Nothing. On the plus side, it fed just fine. I was using the Remington UMC 55 grain .223, which I intended to use to get an initial zero with, and I fired four rounds of 75 gr Hornady TAP, which was what I was going to zero with just before I left. I used both to see if one or the other would at least connect somewhere. After I went and collected the targets, I found four bullet holes on the bottom left corner of the cardboard backstop that I hadn't been able to pick up with the spotting scope. Since it was 24 degrees out there and my hands were getting numb by this point, I had to call it a day. I've adjusted it several clicks up and to the right in hopes that I can get it sighted next weekend. Bummer.

Hangin there peckman, it happens...You will nail it next time..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Hangin there peckman, it happens...You will nail it next time..
    Got it. Still started off the paper, but I was able to get it this time. Zeroed with 55 gr Remington UMC loads, had fun with 110 rounds of that, then re-zeroed with 75 gr Hornady TAP (my HD load) before I left. Awesome. No failures, no problems this time. Definitely happy with the rifle now.

I have a Spike's Rifle, and a Spikes Rifle, 1 digit off from each other....

Love them both......

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links