kel Tec Sub 2000 $$$

This is a discussion on kel Tec Sub 2000 $$$ within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Arggh! I've seen the Kel Tec for as little as $290 online and $300 out of state but the only local store I can find ...

Thread: kel Tec Sub 2000 $$$

kel Tec Sub 2000 $$$

Arggh! I've seen the Kel Tec for as little as $290 online and $300 out of state but the only local store I can find in the Buffalo area wants $400 + 8.75% added for NY's coffers. What a rip off. Anyone have any ideas? I don't believe I can buy a rifle out of state? Anyone know of any shops in the Evil Empire State that carry the Kel Tec sub 2000 for a more reasonable price? I may consider a weekend sight-seeing trip...

Jim

2. Remove Ads

Go to Gunbroker.com and search for one you'd like to have.

Find a FFL local who is willing to handle the transaction for a fee that is suitable to your liking and then bid on the gun.

Last I looked, they had about 30 of them in 9mm or .40 cal ranging anywhere from about $250 - $450.

In NY I'd be surprised if you find one for under $375. The $400 range is not really an unreasonable price for one.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Gunbroker is the best way to find what you want for the price you want. I just bought a LNIB 870 Express on there. I had to cruise the site for awhile to find it, over several days. But I finally found the price I wanted. Go there and wait patiently.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The days of the $200 sub 2000 are gone I believe. As Bark'n suggested look at Gunbroker. Some of them are in the $300 range, but by the time you pay for shipping and the FFL transfer fee you might be better off buying locally.

When I bought mine a couple of years ago they were in very high demand and I paid around $350 I think. I had to get one that fit G17 mags as the G19 mag versions were nowhere to be found.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Bud's Gun Shop is out of stock on them but the last price was $280. I have purchased MANY guns from them. IMHO they have the best deals in the country. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15217
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

So if there's such a demand for the gun, did Kel Tec stop making it?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post
    So if there's such a demand for the gun, did Kel Tec stop making it? Jim
    http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/sub-2000/ From their home page.

My NEXT gun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTizq4NCto And I understand that Kel Tec is soon to come out with a new PUMP Shotgun that is a BULLPUP design! They appear with that and it'll be on my purchase list as well!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I've got their PLR16 as well. I love it. Perfect Bug Out Gun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-nvQTJdvQ

Just to let you know, I live in MA and tried buying one from buds but they said they couldn't even ship it to an FFL here.

I think NY is like MA where you're kinda at the mercy of the local shop owners. I ended up paying 360$ for my sub 9mm glock clip version. And then an additional 80 bucks for 2 preban 18 rd mags. Buds had them for like 309, but after the 40$ transfer fee, not much difference.
    Mossberg 590a1 12g 20" 8+1 Spedfeeder, modified Limbsaver butt.<>Glock G30 45 auto<>Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox
    <>Smith & Wession 360 357mag<>Marlin 60ss, Bushnell 3-9 scope<>Kel-Tec Sub2k 9mm Glock mags, quick release red dot sight<>
    All I need Is a Sig 226 .40. And .556 tactical carbine of some sort.

If you can make the trip to rochester Jackson Guns and Ammo sells them for either $270 or $280. Give Kory a call he is a great guy and has awesome prices.

Links