Defensive Carry banner

Look what followed me home today

2K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  bsnow 
#1 ·
I went to a local sporting goods store and it didn't take long before I found their gun counter. I looked at their limited selection of pistols and revolvers, and then my eyes made their way up onto the rifle and shotgun rack behind the counter. One particular gun caught my eye and it turned out to be the Mossberg 590A1 I've been looking for. I fondled it for a bit, and somehow I found myself filling out the form 4473 and about 20 minutes later it followed me home.

This may become my new HD shotgun. I love the fact that it holds 8+1 rounds, though if I can't get it done in less than four shots I'm probably screwed LOL!

See less See more
#7 ·
Add a nice sling and it's just what the doctor ordered when fishing the backwaters in bear turf.

#9 ·
Nice! Now that I'm retired, I can't just walk in and buy anymore.

#11 ·
i know the feeling of retired. i just had a 02 zo6 vette follow me home.:smile:

ps love it:danceban:

#18 ·
Most people will recommend a flashlight and sidesaddle as accessories. Me however, I'm gonna recommend sidesaddle and M9 bayonet for home defense purposes. No need to let that lug go naked. :wink:

Seeing this thread makes me wish I still had my 590. They're great firearms.

#19 ·
Welcome to the Mossberg family! I just bought one recently and I am extremely happy with it. Add a good sling, a tactical light and a side saddle and you will have a beast of a firearm for home defense. I don't recommend you change the stock to a pistol grip because it alters the functioning of the top safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.